Looking for some sort of insulating film.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't want to appear dismissive - but at low voltage and 3mm - not clear why this is an issue. Any piece of card will suffice. If through hole component leads are an issue then cut them flush.

Older Yamaha consoles used the polycarb,double sided tape insulation , Ive noted a few faults with modern Yammy gear because of lack of said insulation after a mixer got a bump while energised ,solder side of the board touched ground and metal was vapourised , definately worth attending to if tube voltages are involved or if theres any chance energised points and ground could come into contact inadvertantly

visual food grade polycarb like comes on easter egg packaging and double sided tape has done me proud on many a project ,where I needed to make sure solder side doesnt touch down to chassis underextreme vibration .

There's so much waste plastic around from packaging. Couldn't that provide some sturdy sheet from, say a Tupperware-like box? Or blister packaging?
Just be aware that normal bubble wrap is a static hazard. The anti static stuff is tinted pink. Don't ask me why !!!

Back