Looking for someone who can restorate a Sony C-48 in Europe

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I was strongly suspecting that... I'm not that good with DIY, but my soldering is WAY better than that. It was hard to believe that such a good sounding mic would have that awful work from factory...

Thanks for the tips! I'm not going to touch the capsule, as I've never worked on one before, and don't want the C48 to be my "training" capsule😅.

If you have the time and don't mind doing it, I would appreciate pictures of the innards of a good C48❤️

Attachments

• Sony_C-48_ServiceManual.pdf
    665.6 KB
I'm not that good with DIY, but my soldering is WAY better than that. It was hard to believe that such a good sounding mic would have that awful work from factory..

I'm sorry, maybe I'm the only to disagree here,
but I don't agree at all that it's a bad soldering job.

I checked your photos and the soldering looks perfectly fine to me, it might not be the most pretty in terms of visual appearance,
but that doesn't mean the soldering job is bad.
As far as I can see it looks like the soldering is quite solid.
At least what I can see in your photos, but the photos resolution is not good enough to be able to make a zoon and check the soldering better

Many 70s, 60s and 50s equipment don't have "good looking" soldering jobs but that doesn't mean that the soldering is not making it's work very well.

Back