looking to hire someone to finish my DLA2A. pcb is done.i have all parts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offthewallstudio

I am looking to hire a professional to finish building my DLA2A  device. I have all parts the input and output transformer the optical sell the PCB the whole Mauser bomb I have everything. The PCB is fully stocked and completed all screws and knobs are mounted all holes are drilled on the chassis the only thing I need someone to do is to finish wiring all this stuff for me. if you are in the Massachusetts New Hampshire area that is even better. Please email [email protected] or I'm willing to pay someone to help me with tech support and a sense just me asking questions and I need a quick response thank you

Hello,  I think you posted in the other DLA2A thread about issues with this.  I am not a pro builder by any means but If you read the whole DLA2A build thread you will find all that you need.  I read and reread it again until I found all of my answers.  I posted videos of what troubles I had and eventually found it all myself.  its in there just have to dig.  I'll check over at the other post and see if I can help you in the right direction.  Maybe I had the same questions as you there are in the thread when I asked.  I'll check it out tonight.

Im gonna echo saxmonster in saying everything you need to know is there on the support thread. I spent months of frustrated cursing trying everything I could think of. I wanted to throw the thing out the window and give up. It turned out to be a two bad bh7s. Now I have a set of the best compressors I have ever used (and ive used a good deal of comps). Download every pdf, follow every link, read everything three times. It's all there. And Its worth it. Its so worth it.

Rocinante said:
Im gonna echo saxmonster in saying everything you need to know is there on the support thread. I spent months of frustrated cursing trying everything I could think of. I wanted to throw the thing out the window and give up. It turned out to be a two bad bh7s. Now I have a set of the best compressors I have ever used (and ive used a good deal of comps). Download every pdf, follow every link, read everything three times. It's all there. And Its worth it. Its so worth it.
thanks bud. I cant seem to find the valu of all the knobs and switches. Maybe you can help?

I'm a little unclear,  do you mean the two potentiometers per side that control gain and peak reduction?  They're in the BOM.  But many have changed them (including myself) to another value for less distortion after we installed the 12ay7s and a few other things.  Don't do this.  Just build it stock then after you have had it for awhile you can mod it.
Kingston quite eloquently breaks down how an La2a works and suggests some changes on page 26 that many of us did here:
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=32677.480

As far as switches Kingston (again) made an awesome full color switch diagram that makes this build way easier. 
It can be found on page 30 here:
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=32677.580

Back