Low Ripple/Fast Settling AGC For Oscillator

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to dig out this old thread...

The research which I've carried out the last few years resultet in a thesis. As I posted a link to it in another forum I thought I might do the same here:

low_distortion_oscillator_design.pdf
low_distortion_oscillator_design_schematics.pdf

I'm now working on a redesign. It will have better performance and lower cost/complexity. My understanding of oscillator design issues (particularly WRT leveling loop dynamics) is much better now, and there are a few shortcomings with regard to contents in the text. But perhaps it is of interest to some of you nonetheless.

Samuel

Nice work.. thanks for sharing this.

JR

[edit] I found the investigation of distortion in discrete components interesting. I won't be the first to suggest testing more parts but when you build a better microscope people want to look at more stuff...
  [/edit]

Thanks for your interest!

JohnRoberts said:
I found the investigation of distortion in discrete components interesting. I won't be the first to suggest testing more parts but when you build a better microscope people want to look at more stuff...

For the redesign I have devised new measurement setups (for resistors an improved version of what I've sketeched in this letter: volume1ltees.pdf), and I have measured more parts. One of the lessons learned is that one needs to do this statistically; e.g. only a few precent of thin/metal film resistors show significant voltage coefficient. Details once the redesign is ready.

audiomixer said:
By the way, we want to see pictures  ;-)

I don't have any ready for the thesis oscillator, but I'll surely take some of the redesign once done!

Samuel

Latest posts

Back