Me Too much

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
opinions vary... again sorry that I trigger you.

JR
No you're not. It's a pattern you have of trying to rile other people up.

But I'd not expect you to acknowledge that any more than I'd expect you to acknowledge you were wrong about something here in the Brewery.

I just checked and the Dershowitz Metoo book
71KjtUu7JbL._AC_UL232_SR232,232_.jpg
is still only available hardcover so I put it on my watch list. Remind me again later.

JR

" The challenge of proving innocence when you hang out with sex traffickers."

The man's problem is not some "cult" that's out to get him; his problem is that he was working for, and socializing with, a disgusting criminal. There are people in this world far more deserving of your sympathy and outrage; it's a shame to see you waste it on someone like Dershowitz.

In Holland, Marco Borsato, a popular singer, asked to be investigated, because RTL and others were spreading rumors about indecent behaviour with minors...

In Belgium, one of the talented and powerful local TV producers was sentenced to a six months suspended jail sentence just for sending numerous explicit messages to a number of actrices. He chose not to appeal...

Someone in the esoteric sphere predicted last century that the age of male power was going to flow to female power, begin 21st century. It seems to happen. I don't mind. A lot of crap has been goin' on for far too long.

I have finished reading about 4 chapters in Dershowitz book and no surprise he has mounted a solid self defense.

I was not really surprised but a little by how bad scumbags lawyers can be. Apparently there is a legal strategy where you can make untrue charges inside legal filings that you could be sued for saying publicly. Then they leak these filings to the press to get the charges out there in media without exposing themselves to personal liability for slander.

More scumbag behavior, the law firm (Bois) representing one of the young woman making the sex charges, also volunteered to join Dershowitz defense team without revealing their conflict of interest. This gave them full access to all of Dershowitz's defense files useful information for a legal opponent. The good news for Dershowitz is that he is innocent, and wealthy, now even a little more after I bought his book.

I may not bother to finish reading this book, I know how it ends, but I am learning new unpleasant stuff about lawyers and the legal system. I already held lawyers in low regard before, but they are surprising me to the downside.

JR

As I understand it his defense is that he wasn’t on the flights his accuser says he was on. Has the flight log information been released?

He could prove that he wasn't even in the same cities the girl said he was at the same time the girl was for 6 of 7 of her accusations. The only city he couldn't prove he wasn't in around the same time was NYC (a city that he worked in frequently)... The preponderance of evidence suggests that she is lying... that is not his only defense, but I won't paraphrase the entire book.

JR

I don’t think he’s been charged or sued over this? His only complaint must be that he has been smeared. You bought the book so he can’t have suffered too badly as a result of it.

I don’t think he’s been charged or sued over this?
He has not been charged because he didn't do anything and can prove that he didn't. Apparently he keeps detailed notes on all his meetings and travel so can document where he was, when and where.
His only complaint must be that he has been smeared.
Yes, the girl's accusations were leaked to the media inside a court filing and he has been tried in the court of public opinion. Personal reputation for a high profile lawyer matters, but he can't even sue her because she has expensive lawyers cleverly keeping her from committing outright perjury or slander. They likely accused Dershowitz to sell more of the girl's tell all book about Epstein. Unlike most celebrities, he's a lawyer so fought back.
You bought the book so he can’t have suffered too badly as a result of it.
:rolleyes: that is an interesting perspective.... He will be OK because he is a smart lawyer, with enough resources to defend himself. The rest of us wouldn't fare as well.

I hope none of us are ever on the wrong end of a #metoo attack. Maybe this will be #metoo's jumping the shark moment.

JR

Surely knowing bad shit was going down has to be culpabal under the law retrospectively ,regardless of jigged up 'get out of jail' indemnities for the rich and famous , did you ever hear a saying , 'the law makes an ass of itself'

The American justice system looks like its on the verge of a grave misjudgment which ultimately is domonsterably biased , the system itself is in the dock over this one.

I hope none of us are ever on the wrong end of a #metoo attack. Maybe this will be #metoo's jumping the shark moment.

If I was accused the only way you would find out is if I told you. I’m a nobody and no one would pay attention if I was.

If I was a high profile defense lawyer who makes a good living on TV engaging in political brawls this would be a day at the office.

IIRC Virginia Giuffre’s lawyer is David Boises. He is arguably a couple levels up from Dershowitz. He could be worried about some good lawyering.

IIRC Virginia Giuffre’s lawyer is David Boises. He is arguably a couple levels up from Dershowitz. He could be worried about some good lawyering.
David Boies is the one who ignored a conflict of interest to get Dershowitz to share his confidential defense files. In my judgement that is not "good lawyering", more like cheating.

In the Theranos case he was both a director of the company (representing the stockholders) and representing Elizabeth Holmes, a potential conflict of interest. She was found guilty.

In the Harvey Weinstein case he was working for Weinstein to help him stop publication of a negative news article by doing oppo research against NYT reporters, while his firm also represented the NYT in a libel case. When the NYT found out what he was doing they fired him. Boies denies any wrongdoing.

I'd put my money on Dershowitz in a fair fight, Boies has a pattern of playing fast and loose with the rules. You can have Boies and people like that. In my judgement he's a couple levels up from pond scum.

JR

In my judgement he's a couple levels up from pond scum.

He’s argued many cases before the Supreme Court. I don’t think Dershowitz has argued any. I’m sure you’re happy he lost Bush v Gore.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back