Mic Pre Workshopping...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="matta"]
I write for a few music publications here and have done many workshops focusing on various aspects of the music industry from 'Running your own Record Label', to 'Surviving as an Independent Musician'[/quote]

Now, that's something I could use as well. I'm about to finish my PhD, and I'm not quite sure what to do next. Writing technical articles and workshops for magazines is nice, but I suppose the market for that is only so big. I could probably increase my output to some degree, but I'm not sure it's a good idea to rely on that kind of work alone. I just wrote a book on home recording, but unless the thing is going to incredibly well, the money you make off a book is pretty disappointing.
Apart from writing, I'm putting together a CD with a friend of mine. It's a pretty cool record, so far. Unfortunately, we're to old to make it big time in the music business. Should I think about ringtones? Naaaah! :cool:

[quote author="skipwave"][quote author="matta"]My worry is exactly what you are talking about, overhearing some of the things I've heard in music stores is what made me want to put this all together. I've heard the weirdest things said by some of the staff [/quote]

So true. I almost always leave the music store giggling or scratching my head. .[/quote]
I still remember the advice I got given a few years back before I could smell dog shit
No - you can never use the wah pedal with that keyboard because it's unbalanced

Latest posts

Back