MK-U47

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,
just wanted to make sure that you got my PM and put me on the list for a pair !

-b

hey b,

i don't have a list - as soon as i have the items available(ready for shipping) i'll update this thread, please contact me than again as per first post.

thanks,
-max

Ok thanks for the patience, fresh MK47s & Bv.12s available now.
I'm trying to catch up with Pms and emails later today.

-max

I would like to order one MK47 PCB Kit. I live in Vienna, so i could collect it personally if desired.

thanks in advance,

schullerbua

Anyone here using the equinox bodies?
I have a couple ordered, 

Just wanted to know what connectors you'll use on the PSU case...  I haven't been able to source the cheaper amphenol male connector for the mic cable nor the female PSU case connector

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Received my MK47 PcB,

Am amazed at the quality of the board itself, the transformer,  I actually wasn't aware everything was included....  really appreciate that,  I wish more Diy'ers offered this as it's just a cherry on top

can't wait to fire the puppy up

laddie.music said:
Anyone here using the equinox bodies?
I have a couple ordered, 

Just wanted to know what connectors you'll use on the PSU case...  I haven't been able to source the cheaper amphenol male connector for the mic cable nor the female PSU case connector

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using EQU-47's from Equinox, still waiting on them however.
The connectors are Binder 691 series.

e9dMCPg.jpg

They have a great look and sturdy feel, although they are quite expensive. Do the Amphenol's have the locking thread? I think this was a great feature and would obviously reduce stress on the cable in the event that it was accidentally pulled or dropped whilst plugged in, but yeah... expensive price to pay.

Code:
Part No. - 09 0044 00 07, Qty - 1, Item Total - $46.08
Part No. - 09 0041 00 07, Qty - 1, Item Total - $60.54

Order Total - $106.62*
*Shipping Not Included

the amphenols for the PSU side are round, they don't have any screw points to go into the PSU...

I think i'm going binder,  is like 55 for PSU 7 pin binder and corresponding cable connector

i think i'll call them as I don't like how they don't give shipping prices, they just charge it at time of order...  my buddy in australia ordered some binders and they charged him 100 shipping without telling him

laddie.music said:
the amphenols for the PSU side are round, they don't have any screw points to go into the PSU...

I think i'm going binder,  is like 55 for PSU 7 pin binder and corresponding cable connector

i think i'll call them as I don't like how they don't give shipping prices, they just charge it at time of order...  my buddy in australia ordered some binders and they charged him 100 shipping without telling him

I specified that I wanted the cheapest shipping option in the order comments. I wasn't charged any noticeable fee. Maybe they forgot? :-X

Hey how come you ordered the mic binder connector. From the looks of the equinox kit or looks like the binder is included.  Although I did order on the 19th maybe they were only included in the 19th

laddie.music said:
Hey how come you ordered the mic binder connector. From the looks of the equinox kit or looks like the binder is included.  Although I did order on the 19th maybe they were only included in the 19th

Equinox only provides the female connector for the microphone, and not the male side or socket.

Cheers,
Braeden

laddie.music said:

I used Amphenols on both sides (PSU and Mic) They are a lot more affordable and do the job great. Since I used a T-Bone as a donor body, I couldn't implement a Binder on it as it's very big and would require some mods to the mic's bottom bell. The amphenol went into the 7 pin XLR hole with just a little boring. As far as the PSU side, there aren't any screws for the connector like there are for the binder or a Neutrik D sized panel jack but the amphenol does have a keyway that you can notch in and it keeps the jack from spinning in the hole.

Dave

Back