MK-U47

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also i got a few requests for more bv.12 transformers - please post here if you need either mk47 kits or bv.12's

-max

As reported by a attentive user, i accidently deleted the pricing info from the first post - purchase details are now back on.

-max

Anyone know of a ready made psu that works with this?  Kits look superb.

The great thing about this U47 clone (unlike most) is that the alternative tube setup (two 6028s in parallel) actually behaves like a VF14. This means it should work with any U47 PSU. Max will correct me if I'm wrong.

Since you're in America, Hamptone, Korby and AMI come to mind. Or a vintage Neumann of course.  ;)

But yes, while you're at it, why not DIY the PSU, too, with a PCB from Zayance.
Do beware of the high voltages!

Yes, Psu's designed for the original U47 with VF14 tube will work with this kit.
A switch must be added for pattern selection, and to my knowledge Hamptone and Korby have provided this service to some Mk47 builders already.

ioaudio said:
Yes, Psu's designed for the original U47 with VF14 tube will work with this kit.
A switch must be added for pattern selection, and to my knowledge Hamptone and Korby have provided this service to some Mk47 builders already.

Super!  THanks io.  Maybe we could make a list of known available and working PSUs and put it on he original post?  Shelf PSU would take some of the fear out of tube projects, not to mention the metalwork, etc.  Maybe Chunger will make me one of those Zayance PSUs like the one in his photo-blog.  It looks superb!

Latest posts

Back