Mods: Website repair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No file is safe from infection.

The most dangerous attacks don't even use files, to avoid detection. Some don't even run on the main processor. Keeps them invisible from the OS.

If a knowledgeable attacker wants in, he'll get in eventually.

Ethan said:
Thank you for all the comments.
Our moderators volunteer their time and do a great job of keeping things in order, squashing spam, and alerting me to technical issues that I may not always be aware of--thank you for all that you do!!

I'll take full blame for the site being a bit behind the times.
It's hard to believe that GroupDIY has been online for 18 years!  Over the course of those 18 years the codebase has become a messy patchwork of (spaghetti code) countless quick fixes/workarounds/new features/etc and as a result, increasingly difficult to maintain.  It works...but it's fragile.  Making a small change requires a lot of consideration for what it might break. 

With that in mind, 2 years ago I decided to rewrite GroupDIY from scratch.  I had hoped to have it ready in about a year but a lot of LIFE stuff happened and it became tough finding time to work on it...but I still intend to make it happen.

Anyhow, here's a peak at some of the new more modern features. One big improvement will be with photo/file management: uploading multiple files, drag and drop, larger file sizes, and basic photo editing, Take a look: https://cdn.groupbuilder.com/groupdiy/u/0/groupdiy-core-update.mov

Ethan,

I had a feeling the site was based on an older platform and I completely know how hard and time consuming that can be to keep on top of as every other client/platform/browser changes. My main business is still running an old CSS/HTML5 site that scales to mobile horribly or not at all and looks it's age (about 2010). I don't know when I'll find time to update it.

Anyway, I appreciate your work. The new file system looks way better and more up-to-date. Thanks a ton for the reply. Again, it's really nice to know people are actually taking these things seriously. Let's face it, on most forums (even well funded ones) they'd be ignored or swept under the rug.

Winston O'Boogie said:
Not all posters (I'm as guilty as anyone here) maintain or keep up-to-date their offline hosting sites, even free ones, and it can be annoying for folks if they search through the archive and then find dead links.

I also post externally but that's a big issue, countless of thread with relevant information for the future got completely destroyed.
I remember TwinX and Photbucket.
Photobucket destroyed a lot of my threads and posts

I'm using imgr right now, but I'm sure someday the same thing will happen

Latest posts

Back