My First U47 Build Begins!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those Switchcraft inserts are indeed barefaced ripoffs. At least in the EU, TME in Poland carries Cliff UK connectors for pretty good prices, and as i mentioned, i can attest for the (re)usability of their panel-mount XLRs' inserts.
I could shop around, and I have looked, but by the time I pay for shipping somewhere else on top of my current order in the queue at Mouser it'll be a wash of money and time. No NC7MPs on Reverb or eBay here in the States, so looks like I just gotta bite the bullet.

Hi, I'm also building a D-EF47 right now. Looks like we maybe got the same body off aliexpress? I was planning to grind away the parts of the rails that make electrical contact with the pcb, and then use a combination of screws and zip ties to secure the board probably. Can you let me know which XLR insert you end up with?
I ordered that one you linked to with my Mouser order. Hopefully it will work. If it doesn't I'll probably just order from Studio 939 but I'll let you know either way.

Do you have a picture of the backside?
Unfortunately no. From the picture in that post you can kind of extrapolate the idea though. The L brackets are threaded, and on the bracket side I used countersunk flatheads, to keep the width in check. On the PCB side I used regular panheads.

On the top side, you can see the small portion of the original support frame that I cut off and used as a base for the brass one. I threaded the top holes in the brass parts and fastened them from the inside. This is also why the brass one is tapered at the bottom, to make up for the difference in width.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back