My friends ADA8000 burned up an op amp on channels 5 and 6 only.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUDIO FREQ

GDIY Supporter
I checked all the other channels, and it seems like only 5 and 6 are very weak in signal. I switched out the op amp for another 5532 and it seems to still be very weak signal.

Why would it only burn up one op amp? Strange.

Anywho, I installed heat sinks and thermal pads on the three 7805s at the corner of the board. So I hope it keeps his ADA8000 alive still.

Attachments

• IMG_3312.jpg
    IMG_3312.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 1
I checked all the other channels, and it seems like only 5 and 6 are very weak in signal. I switched out the op amp for another 5532 and it seems to still be very weak signal.

Why would it only burn up one op amp? Strange.

Anywho, I installed heat sinks and thermal pads on the three 7805s at the corner of the board. So I hope it keeps his ADA8000 alive still.
Because channel 2 to 8 are basically just an exact copy of channel 1, you should measure every resistors and capacitors on channel 1 (in circuit), then compare their values with those on channel 5 and 6. Replace that is measured not the same.

You seem to have a newer version. Are the two boards still interconnected with one flatcable per channel?

Then it's easy to test if the fault is on the preamp board or not by just changing cables.

One of my last repairs was my ADA8000 that had a weak channel 7. I couldn't find anything on the preamp board. IIRC it was something on the ADDA board.

Back