My GSSL - finally finished

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much sir! :thumb: :grin:

So it's possible with 1x12 after all :!: I just had a quick look. If I see right, there is also Stephens circuit in the schematics. Man, this is really great. I think the new PCB layout for the whole thing is the only thing missing now. Neeno, are you inspired to finish the additional Thrust PCB which you started already?

I can't wait to build this overkilling side chain hi-pass filter :green:

[quote author="Purusha"]Thank you very much sir! :thumb: :grin:

So it's possible with 1x12 after all :!: [/quote]
I see no problem, but note that it's existing just on paper right now. Let's just build it, if there are some changes required they will not be hard to do.

[quote author="clintrubber"][quote author="Purusha"]Thank you very much sir! :thumb: :grin:

I see no problem, but note that it's existing just on paper right now. Let's just build it, if there are some changes required they will not be hard to do.[/quote]

OK. But one more question before I start soldering. If I follow your last schematics 100% the way it is, will I miss something? For example Neeno's PCB had an extra 100nF in the PCB layout which was not there in your schematics...

I am no expert so I might miss something which is a basic thing for you, maybe I should just wait that someone makes a new PCB layout?

[quote author="Purusha"][quote author="clintrubber"][quote author="Purusha"]Thank you very much sir! :thumb: :grin:

I see no problem, but note that it's existing just on paper right now. Let's just build it, if there are some changes required they will not be hard to do.[/quote]

OK. But one more question before I start soldering. If I follow your last schematics 100% the way it is, will I miss something? For example Neeno's PCB had an extra 100nF in the PCB layout which was not there in your schematics... [/quote]

Hi,

Please read note *4* in the schematic.

But as said before in this thread, use two 100nF, the first one from pos sup to gnd & the second one from neg sup to gnd. Place both close to the 5532.

I am no expert so I might miss something which is a basic thing for you, maybe I should just wait that someone makes a new PCB layout?
Just do it, it's just the sidechain-filter for a compressor. I sure understand you want to do this as good as possble right away, but nobody's life depends on it. :wink: So just start & don't hold your breath until all details are known, seriously ! Please do make a few mistakes, you'll have learnt more from it that way :wink:

[quote author="Neeno"]NICE WORK CLINTRUBBER :thumb:
I think i'll start working on the pcb next wednesday...

Work is killing me :roll:[/quote]
My pleasure. :thumb:

What are you going to do, put the complete sidechain filtering on your PCB or just the added thirsty filter ?

If you want to be sure about the drawn circuit maybe you could wait with fabrication of your PCB-design until someone has tried & tested the veroboard-version. For mine that won't happen before upcoming wednesday though, have some busy time at work coming up as well.

Bye,

Peter

NO hurry, guys! Take your time, I have also a lot of work this week. Otherwise I was thinking to add the Thrusty to the veroboard next to Greg's PCBs. I already bough the veroboards this time so maybe I'll make some PCBs next time.... :thumb:

Thanks for all your help and don't forget to post your Thrusty PCB layout when it's finished. :grin:

Hi guys,

any progress with the PCB layout fot the new Thrusty, yet?
I am still too busy to make any progress at the moment.

Neeno, what program did you use the last time for drawing your layout?

Well, I was thinking to make some progress with the Stephen/Thrusty filter but I don't know how to solve the power supply decoupling thing. I was hoping some of you will make the new PCB layout soon so I can see how to solve this :wink:

Peter, Neeno, anyone?

OK, I made some progress with the dual Thrusty&Stephens HP filter. It's not fully wired yet and my 8 G-SSLs are not completely ready to test the filter but I feel very optimistic so far :grin:

Here are some pictures of the filter in progress :green:

HP_filter1.jpg

HP_filter2.jpg

For some reason I am not getting mail-notifications of updates of this thread. So hadn't seen the progress. Nice.

Yes, that decoupling is fine. Put those caps close to the IC.

I was waiting for someone to ask :green:

They are there for my extra VCA CLEAN/COLOR option. I don't know how the two different settings of THD trimmers will effect the sound at the end but it might be a good idea. Here is my front pannel design.

Click on the picture and zoom in for better view :shock: :grin:

ssl_front.jpg

[quote author="Purusha"]I was waiting for someone to ask :green:

They are there for my extra VCA CLEAN/COLOR option. I don't know how the two different settings of THD trimmers will effect the sound at the end but it might be a good idea. Here is my front pannel design.

Click on the picture and zoom in for better view :shock: :grin:

ssl_front.jpg
[/quote]
You've been busy :thumb: Nice to see a different colour, are you going 'SPL Gold Tube'-look ?

Ah I see, so with the frontpanel-switch you can change from trimmed to deliberately untrimmed ?

Let us know how it turned out.

Bye

You've been busy Heck Yeah! Nice to see a different colour, are you going 'SPL Gold Tube'-look ?

Something very similar, yes :wink: I'll post some pictures of the finished chassis next week.

Ah I see, so with the frontpanel-switch you can change from trimmed to deliberately untrimmed ?

Let us know how it turned out.

Yes, that is it. I'll maybe post some sound clips when I am finished with two colour samples.

Back