My S_S_L works!!! Thanks, "The Lab"!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Dogg

Welp... I don't know what to say. I just built an S_S_L clone (don't have it boxed up so no pics yet) and the thing actually works and sounds great. I was kinda expecting/hoping to run into some issues along the way... Figured I might learn more through the problem-solving process but whatever -- I'm not complaining!

I gotta thank you guys so much for the wealth of knowledge on this forum! Two months ago I knew nothing about electronics, conceptually or otherwise. I just knew I really wanted a nice buss compressor and didn't have the money for one. Now, thanx to this forum and "The Art of Electronics" (which in all honesty constantly reads over my head) I'm starting to understand how this stuff works... And I'm enjoying learning it. I got all paranoid when I fired the S_S_L up for the first time, half expecting it to burst into flames... But damnit if the thing didn't work perfectly, and I was left with an incredible feeling of accomplishment. Sorry to ramble, I'm just proud and blown away that I was able to build something thats actually useful to me. You guys f'ckin rock. I'm hooked on DIY and can't wait to try something else... Maybe with tubes!!! Thanks!

Congrats T-Dogg, I had a very similar experience, as well. I was blown away myself when a) it worked, and b) it sounded great.

Post some pics when you get it racked up!

Latest posts

Back