Mysterious mixing console

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qspart

Hello Everyone! First Post Here 👋🏻

I've recently acquired a high-quality mixing console that seems to be made for broadcasting, likely originating from Germany for the international market. I'm trying to identify its manufacturer and would love any insights you can offer!

Here are some details I have:

- Pikatron Transformers
- Danner Regler Faders
- The channel strip PCBs are labeled PM 501-03

Does anyone have any clues or additional information that could help me figure out who made this console? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3733.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3735.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3736.jpeg
    IMG_3736.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3734.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3642.png
    IMG_3642.png
    9.9 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3644.png
    IMG_3644.png
    11.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3643.png
    IMG_3643.png
    10.6 MB · Views: 3
  • bac8898b-e517-43db-ba50-6ba9598e57ec.jpeg
    bac8898b-e517-43db-ba50-6ba9598e57ec.jpeg
    415.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3738.jpeg
    IMG_3738.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3739.jpeg
    IMG_3739.jpeg
    998.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3737.jpeg
    IMG_3737.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3740.jpeg
    IMG_3740.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Hi qspart , nice to see you here. I hope someone can help you with this mysterious mixing console.(y) Really strange, that there is no branding, logo or something that shows who built this audio mixer. Did you check the PCBs on the underside? Sometimes manufacturer etch their name and date codes on the soldering side of the PCBs.

Hi qspart , nice to see you here. I hope someone can help you with this mysterious mixing console.(y) Really strange, that there is no branding, logo or something that shows who built this audio mixer. Did you check the PCBs on the underside? Sometimes manufacturer etch their name and date codes on the soldering side of the PCBs
Thanks for your response.
Yes, I have. I haven’t checked every corner, but upon close inspection, I haven’t seen any branding.

Attachments

• IMG_3742.jpeg
    IMG_3742.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Nope, 100% sure it's not a Studer, some design choices don't match, despite the modular rail and -euro rack- form factor that we can find on 9xx series.
The console seem pretty well made, but IMHO a step below Studer

DIN 41622 connectors on the back definitely point to German (or similar) engineering, but neither a Neumann, TAB of BFE...
Early ADT ??

Maybe PM is the (lost) brand, or initials of the designer name for a one shoot design/proto that never go further ?

So far a total mystery ! I'm curious too if someone have a answer on this.

Last edited:
Have you posted this console in another forum or thread? Or on Facebook?
I could swear I’ve seen it somewhere…
These are most definitely of German origin. Pikatron Transformers, ero caps, DIN connectors, Danner fader…
Could be early BFE or ANT maybe?

No, I haven’t posted it anywhere else. It was on Reverb recently, so maybe that's where you have seen it. Indeed, Garp, there seem to be quite a few similarities with EMT but also several differences. Despite colour similarities Studer looks quite a bit different. Thanks for your inputs so far .

Latest posts

Back