Mysterious mixing console

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very impressive magazine project.
I'm 73 and have been building projects from magazines since I was about 15 and I must say that I've never seen a mixer project as well documented as this one, (mind you I don't read German unfortunately, just basing my comments on the schematics and BOM).

This could be the basis for a DIY analog console project of any size as it's easily configurable from a simple 4 in 2 out mixer to something of the scale that qspart has acquired. Most of the components are still available and there's nothing wrong with a mixer based on 5534/5532 technology. Could be a good learning curve for newbies or those looking for a sidecar mixer to compliment their in the box DAW. I might even build the mic pre just to see how it performs, always had a soft spot for the 5534.

Did a quick google and found the specs for the output xfmrs:

http://www.revoco.cz/data/datasheets/dbe1130c1.pdf

Would love to get a translation of the complete article!

Thanks qspart and Madman for bringing this to our attention and the pdf of the original article.

Some of the pushbutton switches are not working, and I’m struggling to find replacements labeled as Elma 19-482 in the parts list. I’ve searched online but haven’t had much luck locating this specific model.

Does anyone know of a compatible switch or where I might be able to source these?

Additionally, I discovered that there are no line outputs for the 13 mic/line channels , there’s line outputs only for 4 aux and 8 group channels which wouldn’t be enough if I decided to record a band on it . so I’ve ordered 12 UTM3524 output transformers to add line outputs, along with 12 VU meters for some modifications.

One more question: would it be beneficial to replace the 4558 opamps with 5532s? The power supply +-15 volt rails has 22A each should be capable of handling the extra load from the 5532s.is there anything else I should consider before proceeding with that ?

Thanks in advance.

Back