NAAM 2024 - January 25–28

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll be around NAMM helping a few friends with their booths and otherwise lurking. It would be great to put some faces to the posts here. Any meetup plans?

Adam

Hi Adam,
I still don't know how many days I will attend, but 2 days I will be there for sure. At the moment plans are going on Thursday and Friday.

I will go to Jakob's stand, to check his very nice gear and also to meet him.
Will want to meet pucho also over there.

It would be great to meet you also.

Do you guys use Whatsapp?
If you do we could do a GroupDIY NAAM 24 group wo we could keep in touch.
At the moment it seems only the 4 of us are going

I don't use Whatsapp, but could set it up if that's the plan for everyone. I'll definitely stop by One F Sound. I'll likely be around at least some part of each day.

I'm involved with a few product demos at some studios around LA (probably Chalice and East-West) if anyone is interested. They will be for the Wayne Jones Audio monitors and HEDD HEDDphone TWO, along with possibly some other people I work with.

If anyone wishes to get together on those days let me know. I may roll in Friday evening should anyone want to grab a dinner 😎

I will almost certain be there Friday, so Dinner is a great plan, count on me.

I'm just still not sure if besides Friday I should go on Thursday or on Saturday, I want to go at least 2 days.

Any recommendations? should I go Thursday or on Saturday?

Thanks

I will almost certain be there Friday, so Dinner is a great plan, count on me.

I'm just still not sure if besides Friday I should go on Thursday or on Saturday, I want to go at least 2 days.

Any recommendations? should I go Thursday or on Saturday?

Thanks
Thursday is more of a real real show day...

Saturday and Sunday are more full of local wannabe tire kickers with purple hair. The real serious buyers have probably already gone home.

Caveat... my experience is from last century, and from a manufacturer's POV, but sundays were pretty much empty of dealers, saturdays already fading.

JR

Thank you so much for the insight JR,

"pretty much empty of dealers" so that means that on Sundays a lot of booths will be closed?
Keep in mind that my observations are from last century.

By empty of dealers I mean customers for the manufacturers, who pay for the booths. Back in the day badges were color coded so we could easily see who were manufacturers and dealers. Local dealers would routinely share extra passes with their big spender musician customers.

I used to have to work the booth for the entire show (we actually had to set up/tear down and pack it out). I would personally take advantage of the slow Sunday to walk the show myself and check out new offerings in competitor booths.
..at least in our hall, we don't see this variation in public at all..? And Stevie Wonder usually stops by on the last day..
I can imagine Stevie preferring less crowded days. On weekends stars could get mobbed by fans. It was always a circus on days when Eddie Van Halen was in the Peavey booth.

The musik messe in Frankfurt was even more dramatic with actual consumer days at the end of the show when the public were admitted after paying an entrance fee.

====

I really don't miss working trade shows. But I do miss seeing industry friends.

JR

That’s exactly the all Circus that happens there that I’m interested in seeing
I do not think Eddie will be in attendance this year (or ever again).
===
If you have juice with major manufacturer's reps, you might get tickets to private industry concerts. I've seen several popular acts play private shows. Not for about the last 20 years tho....

JR

Well as namm aproches, I am packing up several consoles for show, some at our booth some at other booths that will feature our consoles as part of their display.
But this does propose the big question.
Anyone want to do dinner Friday night?

Latest posts

Back