NAAM 2024 - January 25–28

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't planning on going to the show, but may go down to catch up with some out of town friends. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what's going on.

Edit: After I wrote this had a friend ask if I want a ticket, so maybe now if I get a ticket I will go.

Last edited:
Not making this up.... just did it again now

Mate, I showed that the registration to attend is $150,
so the ticket costs $150, that's what they ask on the website, that's what I've paid and I already have my Badge.

What you showed is not the Entrance Ticket, you showed the price for a "Networking Pass", which is different than an entrance ticket, the "Networking pass" is directed to Businesses and has other privileges inside NAAM, so it's normal it's an higher price than a simple entrance badge/ticket

Be prepared for a lot of clones some of which are direct copies of diy projects.
Maybe I will have time to bottle some of my namm meds this year.
For those that never have ran into me at the show, I often show up with homemade rums and or bourbons in little bottles thst are the size of an airplane shot, maybe a little bigger like 1.5 airplane shots. Anyway, anyone who has ever had my namm med has never been sick from namm cooties. I can’t explain why other than going back to the queens navy and the days of tall ships, sailors got an 8 ounce of rum per diem. This kept the germs out or killed them. At any rate I still do that, although last year did not have time to bottle a batch. So maybe this year.

Well as namm aproches, I am packing up several consoles for show, some at our booth some at other booths that will feature our consoles as part of their display.
But this does propose the big question.
Anyone want to do dinner Friday night?
Hey Pucho - I’m down for Friday dinner if it’s still happening.

Adam

Hey Pucho - I’m down for Friday dinner if it’s still happening.

Adam
That is the plan. As it is completely informal, there are zero reservations. We have a spot that always accommodates the 20-25 people who usually come. Nothing like audio knuckleheads talking shop and having a hang away from the show and show groupies.

In the past we did all kinds of cool spots. We finally settled on one that is perfect. Previously we did a mariscos place. That’s Mexican seafood. It was great except no one ever made it on time. In turn midway through dinner, the 20 piece Mexican brass band would start playing. Small restaurant, 20 piece band with 2 drummers, and every instrument having a microphone. Whet could go wrong. Was Uber loud and they would walk around blasting away.
Changed it up since then. New spots accommodates the large number without a reservation. Works best they way.

Dm for details.

Will the Dinner be in Anaheim or in another place?

I don't think I'm going to NAAM on Friday, but I'm still trying to see if I can make it to the dinner

Going to the Airport now,
13 hours flight from Lisbon to San Francisco and then 6 hours drive to Hollywood.

See you guys at the Show,
It will be a pleasure to meet you all in person

Going to the Airport now,
13 hours flight from Lisbon to San Francisco and then 6 hours drive to Hollywood.

See you guys at the Show,
It will be a pleasure to meet you all in person
I have to ask how you are driving down from S.F. Are you taking Highway 101 or interstate 5? The 101 has the better views. It has the coast and such. Interstate 5 is faster time wise but full of farmland and smelly cattle processing plants.

The goal is to reach LA as fast as possible so I-5 all the way.
(We should have taken a plane, I know, it’s not my fault, long story…)

We will check the views and be much more relaxed on the way up when we go back to San Francisco.

Make sure to stop by booth #14924--we have quite a bit of cool new stuff to announce. We will be sharing it with industry legend Martins Saulespurens (founder of Blue microphones). He will be representing Reflector Audio USA, and we are Samar Audio Design, in case somebody doesn't know.

Best, M

Make sure to stop by booth #14924--we have quite a bit of cool new stuff to announce. We will be sharing it with industry legend Martins Saulespurens (founder of Blue microphones). He will be representing Reflector Audio USA, and we are Samar Audio Design, in case somebody doesn't know.

Best, M

I will visit your booth for sure, I’m a fan of your microphones for a long time.

I was a Fan of Blue Microphones also, but the latest news of Blue being sold to Logitech were really sad, Logictech basically killed all the Blue Microphones line, sad really

Last edited:
I will visit your booth for sure, I’m a fan of your microphones for a long time.

I was a Fan of Blue Microphones also, but the latest new of Blue being sold to Logitech were really sad, Logic basically killed all the Blue Microphones line, sad really

For the first time the Blue was sold long ago (way before logic). Talk to Martins—he will give you all the insights.

Best, M

The goal is to reach LA as fast as possible so I-5 all the way.
(We should have taken a plane, I know, it’s not my fault, long story…)

We will check the views and be much more relaxed on the way up when we go back to San Francisco.
There is a stretch where you will need to hold your nose and breath. You have been warned

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back