• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Neumann 47 Capsules for sale

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadkillralph

I have a small supply of Neumann 47 capsules. The capsules are like new, or lightly used, removed from working mint Neumann microphones during mic modding. The capsules are 1-sided so must be used in cardiod, perfect for U47 FET builds or U47 tube mic fixed-pattern builds. Again these are genuine Neumann capsules which sound better than any 47-capsule copy.

I am also willing to trade for a 47 mic power supply that I can use with an ioaudio 47 mic build.

$400 each + Paypal fees. Free shipping to US addresses.

Attachments

• capsule1.jpg
    capsule1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 135
Just as a matter of curiosity, how can you prove that capsule is an original Neumann part  ?

If you're familiar with Neumann capsules, the construction and backplate design make it pretty obvious. But of course I offer returns if not satisfied.

to be honest i'm not familiar with Neumann capsules, but I am very familiar with chinese companies copying products to look exactly the same as the originals... not telling this is your case although personally I won't feel safe buying a 500$ capsule from a private seller with just three previous posts on the forum. Also to me it sounds strange that one modifies Neumann microphones and take the capsules out, is like buying a Mercedes to put inside an engine made by... Wolksvagen maybe ? :) I am wondering what you replaced the Neumann capsules with ?

I've never seen a Chinese capsule that looks anything like a Neumann. Just because I only have 3 posts doesn't mean that I'm not knowledgeable or that you can bully me. If you're not interested in purchasing, please move on..

So are they taken out of a current production, cardioid only, M147?

I'm not bullying anyone and this is not about how much knowledge you have. And who told you I'm not interested in buying ?

I just want everyone on the forum to think carefully before they spend 500 $ on a capsule without any official certificate

If you want to have better chances of selling those capsules, you should explain better your points and answer my questions,  instead of acting like a victim and being defensive

abbey road d enfer said:
No need to get heated up here. ;)
There should not be any problem for the vendor to produce invoices in order to justify his claims.

Sorry no invoices available, I'm not a vendor. Just have 3 or 4 extra capsules I've removed from TLM-49's. I contacted Neumann and this is replacement part # 514753  that retails for $588, so if you are making a DIY mic clone and need a 47 capsule, you can save some money.
beatnik maybe you can enlighten me on where you have previously purchased capsules with an "official certificate." I have no idea what that is.

They look like fine capsules to me. I would like a pic of the back if possible as to all the other stuff.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :eek:

roadkillralph said:
abbey road d enfer said:
No need to get heated up here. ;)
There should not be any problem for the vendor to produce invoices in order to justify his claims.

Sorry no invoices available, I'm not a vendor. Just have 3 or 4 extra capsules I've removed from TLM-49's.
I would think these TLM49's came with an invoice at some time.
beatnik maybe you can enlighten me on where you have previously purchased capsules with an "official cetificate." I have no idea what that is.
A legit invoice could be considered as an "official certificate" of ownership and authenticity.

There seems to be a lot of concern over the legitimacy of these mic capsules. Services like PayPal exist so that there is an third party that holds the funds in escrow. Maybe nobody here uses PayPal for transactions? I use PayPal and you can always return if not satisfied.
Pic of the back is attached.:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    939.9 KB · Views: 76
I still don't know what an "official certificate" is. I've purchased many microphones and never received one.  ;)
If it's important to you to receive a receipt from the manufacturer when you purchase an item, maybe you should buy a capsule directly from Neumann?

Seems like some people here have raised some concerns similar to the ones I'd have about buying ANY capsules over the internet. I'd gladly pay the extra $88 to Neumann to address my concerns that:
A: the capsule is genuine
B: the capsule is not stolen
C: the transaction will be legitimate

If you can't satisfactorily address and prove this stuff (no matter how genuine they actually are or how on-the-level you are) you may want to consider dropping the price.

sorry but english is not my first language, although I think that you are understanding what "official certificate" means, way more than what you pretending to show .....  someone with better english than mine explained you, but you still pretending you don't understand, and treat as an idiot who is asking legit questions, just because you can't provide an answer. the best defense is the attack  ..... I am not going into any further discussion with someone that behaves this way

anyway what i was saying is that if i buy a capsule from Neumann I can trust them, because they have a reputation, if I buy a capsule from you just because I am trusting your word, I'm sorry this wouldn't work for me

Maybe you are in the wrong forum? Existing audio equipment manufacturing companies with reputations don't post items for sale in black market. If that is what you are expecting, I don't think you will find it here...

Hey roadkillralph just chill. It's all okay. People ask questions. No need for being aggressive!

A lot of us follow what is being said in this thread and you should know that if you go against some reputable members of this board, that makes a lot of us wary and distrustful.

A lot of trading on this forum is based on trust and this is sometimes the only guarantee for dropping some serious cash. You need to build a trustful reputation here!

chill!
all good!

:)

roadkillralph said:
Maybe you are in the wrong forum? Existing audio equipment manufacturing companies with reputations don't post items for sale in black market. If that is what you are expecting, I don't think you will find it here...

if now i replied to this bs i would be banned . because i actually am in the right forum , I'd rather keep my membership, also i think pretty much everyone who read you understood the situation since the beginning, so no point anymore in stating the obvious

Back