Neumann How it's made

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da_ardvark

Sorry in advance if this has been posted, I didn't see anything in a search.

There is a TV show called "How It's Made" and there is a particular show where they show the inner workings of making a nice neumann microphone.

sweet look into the mic

denny

if it's about any of the new neumann mics, forget it... the only tube mic they're producing now is a transformerless input and output with a 6111 tube stage... nothing too special imo. (plus they rape you for a replacement, 300 bucks for the tube and 'circuit board' that it is mounted to, only consisting of a few resistors and a cap or two.) The guy at the Neumann booth at AES this year only wanted to talk about their new digital mics... :(

BUT, a look into the factory and build of a mic would be cool.

Looks like the show is cataloged differently for each market.

In Canada it's season 11 episode 7

In the US it's season 5 episode 7

Microphones, Hot Tubs, Artificial Turf, Beer Steins

[quote author="wtmnmf"]
In Canada it's season 11 episode 7
In the US it's season 5 episode 7
"Microphones, Hot Tubs, Artificial Turf, Beer Steins"[/quote]

Thanks - I look forward to see that!!!

Jakob E.

[quote author="da_ardvark"]There is a TV show called "How It's Made"
[/quote]

When I first read your post, I was reminded of the scene in Ocean's 13 where Livingston is explaining to Rusty, Danny, and Linus the basics of blackjack.

I guess because I watch most every show on the discovery channel and assume everyone else does too. :green:

Thanks for bringing this up, I was able to DVR it.

I wish they showed the process of depositing gold on the mylar, thats would have been cool to see. I was suprised to see the assemblers "man handling" the capsule with bare hands.

Back