Neumann PLTV-b modules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beatnik

Hello,

I have found some Neumann PLTV-b modules and I would like to know if these can be of any use.

I have already bought some mic\line amplifiers and 2x summing modules and i am planning to build a small console with those

could this modules be useful too for a project like this ? or at least scrapping the transformers ?

I don't understand what they really do

Let me know if you know a possible application for them

Schematic attached

Attachments

• PLTV-b_Schaltbild.pdf
    53.2 KB · Views: 70
It can be used as transformer balanced line output splitter 1-2 for, for example, sending mix signal to recorder and to studio at the same time. Or maybe on stage as high quality line level di-box for splitting the signal from the keyboard to FOH and monitor mix.
The output transformer is very interesting. 

can also be used as line amplifier, gain set by external resistor. Don't chop it up, please - the transformers (although appealing and interesting) are hard to use to the extent/quality that Neumann did anyway..

Jakob E.

That discrete style Neumann stuff is the best sounding stuff they made IMO.  I just restored a Neumann SP66 vinyl cutting console.  It uses PV46 line amps, which are similar to what you have. PV26 and PV15 are also excellent sounding line amps.

I'm not a huge fan of the later OA10 based stuff although it has its high points.  The later IC based stuff has its high points too, but overall the IC consoles could be better. For getting a signal from A to B this discrete style is hard to beat.

The SP66 is in back of the tape machine.

MT72-restore-2.jpg

Back