neumann v475 pimping ...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I've just picked this up again after a break from DIY (of the electronic kind anway) as I bought a house and I have been up to my neck in fibreglass, creating my own bass traps and panels for my mix room. Any way, I want to get my summing unit done ASAP, I have forgotten some of the stuff I knew.
My first quesiton is, where can I find the pin out for the V475c, i do remeber seeing one a few months back but it may have been a bit of a poor copy and I couldnt really decypher it.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
Thanks for the schematic, its nice and clear.
Sorry for the total noob question, but how do i know know which pin on the schematic relates to each pin on the hardware?
Imagine you are looking at the pin out connector square on. do the pin numbers go up from left to right on the top row. then right to left on the second row?
If I posted a picture and labelled as i thought appropriate, would anyone be willing to proof it and correct me if necessary?

Thanks

Hi guys.. I'll be getting one of these http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12679166/V_1375-2%20%281%29.pdf and am wondering if it's a good enough version to do summing with and if there's anything blocking its frequency response that needs to be removed? How about wiring a gain switch/pot, possible?

This is the pic of the module:
!B4qwwfgCWk~$(KGrHqR,!g4E)70soghuBMqwqJmynQ~~_12.JPG

I'd like to use it similarly to how [silent:arts] is using his, with a passive summing network in front of the amp.

Cheers,
B.

Autophase said:
Hi,
Thanks for the schematic, its nice and clear.
Sorry for the total noob question, but how do i know know which pin on the schematic relates to each pin on the hardware?
Imagine you are looking at the pin out connector square on. do the pin numbers go up from left to right on the top row. then right to left on the second row?
If I posted a picture and labelled as i thought appropriate, would anyone be willing to proof it and correct me if necessary?

Thanks

Can anyone help me with the pin outs, do the numbers run from bottom left?
Volker, if you could provide a picture of how you wired yours labelled with the power connections and audio in & out connections labelled it would be a great help.

baadc0de said:
Hi guys.. I'll be getting one of these http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12679166/V_1375-2%20%281%29.pdf and am wondering if it's a good enough version to do summing with and if there's anything blocking its frequency response that needs to be removed? How about wiring a gain switch/pot, possible?
I'd like to use it similarly to how [silent:arts] is using his, with a passive summing network in front of the amp.
oh - didn't even know Mr. Arnold did build summing amps :)
however, looks good.
before removing anything to optimize freq. response: listen to it (measuring is fine too).
my guess is the cap / choke network right after IS1.
gain pot / switch will go between pin 12(19) and pin 13(18)

Autophase said:
normally you will find some pin numbers on the connector

[silent:arts] said:
baadc0de said:
oh - didn't even know Mr. Arnold did build summing amps :)
however, looks good.
before removing anything to optimize freq. response: listen to it (measuring is fine too).
my guess is the cap / choke network right after IS1.
gain pot / switch will go between pin 12(19) and pin 13(18)

Autophase said:
normally you will find some pin numbers on the connector

Thanks a lot. How do you think these will match up to a telefunken or neumann x75?

Hello 475-gang!

When using 5.1k resistors for L/R input pairs and having additional mono-inputs at -3dB: Will I have to wire a 7.15k resistor to each summing rail for each input? (+- to L and +- to R)

I'm building a 475-2 btw...

Cheers!

neodyms said:
hi Silent Art

where i find the v475 pcb ? on the White Market ?
no, on eBay  ;D ;D ;D

[don't know if this will work, we will see (all not mine): V475 on eBay]

I have a PCB layout for a V475 summing amp, but since the prices for used originals are still under EUR 100 it doesn't make sense to release this as a project. one new transformer costs the same, and you have four on a used original card ...

Hey!

I have had one of these on my shelf for just a bit too long now: Time to get on and build it into something! Im thinking that I'll remove the Filters (3 caps and an inductor in mine... Lawo V975/3) and replace them with a James network, and possibly an Elliptical EQ with variable frequency too...

Before I dive in though, does anyone know anything about the potted custom output amp?! (Apart from the pinout!)

Thanks,

Mo

hello silent:arts
I am interested on w475b2 project for summing
is there a pcb layout ?  i can etch my self
are some component list available?
have already the original scheamic and the one with ne5532.
thank you!
dingo.

Latest posts

Back