neumann v475 pimping ...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone advise me on recapping the V475 please, am I right in thinking there are only 6 electrolytics that need replacing on the 475?
C7, C107,C6, C106, C10, C110, C5, C105 - have i missed any electrolytics there?
C5 and C105 look like i would need to remove the turret board to get to them, something I'm not totally confident with yet, any suggestions?
Also, should a replace the 2 adjustable capacitors at top corners of the board or will they be ok?

Thanks

Maybe post a pic of the thingy, showwing all caps clearly...don't have one in front of me so for example the turret board question is hard to answer...

Autophase said:
Could someone advise me on recapping the V475 please, am I right in thinking there are only 6 electrolytics that need replacing on the 475?
yes - in your V475-2C
(always good to state the exact model)

Autophase said:
C7, C107,C6, C106, C10, C110, C5, C105 - have i missed any electrolytics there?
no

Autophase said:
C5 and C105 look like i would need to remove the turret board to get to them, something I'm not totally confident with yet, any suggestions?
try if the old ones still work. C5 isn't in the audio path.

Autophase said:
Also, should a replace the 2 adjustable capacitors at top corners of the board or will they be ok?
no

best
Volker

Ah Volker, the main man in this area, thanks for your reply man!

[silent:arts] said:
Autophase said:
no

No I shouldnt need to replace them or, no they wont be ok?

Sorry for so many questions, just a noob trying to get everything right.

Possible dumb question...

Is there any possibility to use this type of summing cards, for a summing mixer with pan and fader level?

I have been looking for any threat dealing with pan and level, but most are passive or about the api summing cards.

great project!

Cosmonaut said:
Is there any possibility to use this type of summing cards, for a summing mixer with pan and fader level?
sure

Autophase said:
Hey guys, should I get switched or unswitched jack sockets for this project, or does it not matter
it doesn't matter. look at my unit, I'm not aware of switched SubD25s ;D

[silent:arts] said:
Cosmonaut said:
sure

Autophase said:
Hey guys, should I get switched or unswitched jack sockets for this project, or does it not matter
it doesn't matter. look at my unit, I'm not aware of switched SubD25s ;D

OK, thanks, I'm going with jacks anyway ;)

Hello,

I have some API preamps and some V 475 and I would like to install them in a compact device.
It seems that you solution with the 475 is really good.
I would like to know if it could be possible to get a schematic of your design.
Would it be a solution to have 1 or 2 headphone devices as well?

Thanks in advance,

f

Back