neumann v475 pimping ...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the "mod" (for the Neumann V475-2B)is replacing the MO-12 boards with 4 jumpers:

475_mod.jpg

look at the schematic to understand.
(www.kubarth.com)

[quote author="digichild"]you mean you exchanged some caps?all?is this necessary cos they are too old?[/quote]
I have exchanged all caps because Neumann used a brand in this one I have to replace a lot at work - so I just did it in advance.

[quote author="synthi"]Hmm The V475-2 and V475-2A don`t have that mo12 board... Is tehre a easy mod for full bandwith??

Synthi[/quote]

i think if there is no board ,you have already full bandwith...check the datasheet...

No, the specs are:
V475-2 = -13dB @ 10Hz, -5dB @ 40kHz,
V475-2A = -13dB @ 10Hz, -20dB @ 40kHz
the filter is based around C9 / C109, and I think the inductor in Ü2 is part of it.

It's been said before - but I will say it again
The turret board is a stroke of genius - so simple - but sometimes you can't the wood for the trees

[quote author="uk03878"]... The turret board is a stroke of genius - so simple - but sometimes you can't the wood for the trees[/quote]
I just copied it from the old Neumann consoles - they did it like that :green:

[quote author="synthi"]Hmm The V475-2 and V475-2A don`t have that mo12 board... Is tehre a easy mod for full bandwith??[/quote]
Synthi, today I played around a little bit with the V475-2:

- remove C8 and C9
- change C6 to 3n3
- next to C6 on the PCB there are two unused wholes / solderpads representing the a and b connections to the transformer in the schematic
(www.kubarth.com)
just do a solder bridge there

now you have your -1dB at 75kHz

Just found this thread. i also have some neumann summing amps and still try to make up my mind wether removing low and high cuts or not..

and also the decission to choose between them..
They all sound pretty different.
Warmest sound i found on a psvd, a 100% discrete design.. but i havent checked agains a osvd that features the OA 10 neuman selfmade op amp...

I wonder if somebody has collected chematics for that older models?
And are there other opinions regarding the sound quality of the different neuman busamp models?
Is boosting the frequencie range on a busamp allways beneficial ?
or are there voices for keeping the low and highcuts in place because thats actually the neumann sound about ?

any opinions?

What is that PSU in there? Also is the input arrangement 1-L, 2-R, 3-L, 4-R, etc.? That looks like a fantastic project to try. :wink:

One question regarding the mod of the 475/2b amp...

isnet the MO12 just a highcut filter?
How you got rid of the low cut these broadcast modules usually have?

Or is the 475/2b a version without low cut?

regards,
Sven

And another Question..
what is the difference betwenn a 475/2b and a 475/2c ?

I see that they have divverent input transformators and slight changes in the feedback path of Mo-11...

How does this translate Soundwise?

[quote author="MikoKensington"]What is that PSU in there?[/quote]
this is my own little PSU241 - good for all the Neumann projects.
schematic
pcb

[quote author="MikoKensington"]Also is the input arrangement 1-L, 2-R, 3-L, 4-R, etc.?[/quote]
yes

Latest posts

Back