neumann v475 pimping ...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
going to be working on a V475-2B that I bought years ago soon and will probably report in here if I have issues lol. measured the Harting connector pinout for 0v / ground continuity and here's what I ended up with, in case this is useful to anyone.

also attached higher res V475-2B schematic and V475-2A service manual (original German, searchable thanks to Acrobat and then a messy Google Translated version to English... you need to copy-and-paste the text out of it)

CONNECTION NOTES:
  • Channel 1 power supply "0V" (pins C14 and C16) do not share continuity with Channel 2 power supply "0V" pins C18 and C20

• +24V input pins for Channel 1 (pins A14 and A16) do not share continuity with +24V input pins for Channel 2 (pins A18 and A20). Any reason for this?

• Channel 1 "0V" ref does not connect to Chassis Ground / earth, BUT the Channel 2 "0V" ref does connect to Chassis Ground: all metal bolt holes and also the metal plate that runs down the middle of the card.

• ALL Channel 1 (input and output signal AND power supply) "0V" pins share continuity with each other. This "0V" ref is also tied to the transformer shield on Channel 1.
    • Ch.1 "0V" pins sharing continuity are A6, A10, C6, C10, C14, and C16.
  • ALL Channel 2 (input and output signal AND power supply) "0V" pins share continuity with each other. This "0V" ref is also tied to the transformer shield on Channel 2.
    • As mentioned, all Channel 2 "0V" connections are also tied to Chassis Ground.
    • Ch.2 "0V" pins sharing continuity are A24, A28, C18, C20, C24, and C28.

Attachments

• Neumann V475-2B Pinout Gnd Continuity.png
    Neumann V475-2B Pinout Gnd Continuity.png
    367.3 KB · Views: 1
  • neumann_V475-2B_Schematic.pdf
    137.7 KB · Views: 0
  • neumann_V475-2A_ServiceManual.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
  • neumann_V475-2A_ServiceManual (Google Translate to English).pdf
    880.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back