Neve LO1166 gapped transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its easy. You have the power!

lol. I appreciate the confidence boost.
I was willing to throw however much money into it as needed to get what I want, but I remembered the Neve 2254/R last night. That's an actual 1U Neve 2254 with warranty and connects to the Neve Recall software we already use at the studio 😕. As much as I'm in love with the classic dual-"cube" look, all of those things take precedence over aesthetics. So, I have to get both AML 54F50 and a pair of output transformers that make it sound as good or better than a pair of AMS Neve's current 2254/R and still save enough money.
That eliminates buying a pair of 1073LB and stripping them for parts (which was always the backup plan). So, now I'm EXTREMELY interested in learning more about Spencer's output transformers or, if they exist, anything else that can go toe to toe with the Marinair 1166 while keeping in mind that the grading curve is one where Carnhill is unacceptable.

So far, this seems to be the only one people seem to be holding up to that standard.
Maybe Ed Anderson's EA-1166, but I'm not sure. His reputation precedes him, but I don't know much about his 1166

Awesome. What's the pricetag? Feel free to inbox me if you don't wanna post it publicly for someone to reference years from now while trying to haggle you or whatever lol

wound a couple and have come out as expected just need to finish the prep on the rest of the bobbins and turret boards and wait for a order of other bits to finish this batch of 12, by the looks of it 6 are already claimed!!

Back