New Design 1176 Boards + 900 Power Supply Boards

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been reports in the 1176 rev a build thread that the new boards' silkscreen does not match up with the schematic. Is this still true and if not, will it be fixed at some point?

baadc0de said:
There have been reports in the 1176 rev a build thread that the new boards' silkscreen does not match up with the schematic.

Yes, the errors have been listed at the bottom of my Rev A page but have already been corrected in the documentation also linked from that page.

baadc0de said:
Is this still true and if not, will it be fixed at some point?

If it is not still true there would be nothing to fix! But as you can see from the documentation I have already fixed the errors and the next batch of boards will include the corrected screen layer. Anticipating your next question I never have any idea how quickly a batch will sell out so when I do a new run isn't certain.

For those who are building with the current batch just use the V1.2.5 BOM and screen layer documentation (you would anyway, wouldn't you?)

payment sent Sept 3rd via hairball. Haven't received the 1176 REV D  boards. From what I've seen on this post I'm getting outside the window of the boards ever making it to me. Let me know what you think

tfletchii said:
payment sent Sept 3rd via hairball. Haven't received the 1176 REV D  boards. From what I've seen on this post I'm getting outside the window of the boards ever making it to me. Let me know what you think

What is your name?

That will help both MNATS and I look into it.

Mike

tfletchii said:

I have your forum handle in an email address showing one Rev D set sent on the 6th of September 2010. While it is not normal for it to take this long to arrive it is not unprecedented.

I'll send a replacement set with the next batch shipping on or before Friday the 8th of October. Please let me know via this thread if your boards arrive in the meantime...

Hi mnats,

my rev d boards arrived today, thanks very much for the prompt service. I'm looking forward to my first DIY build.

Cheers
mean

tfletchii said:
I didn't receive the revision d boards today so if you could resend them to menthat would be great.
My name is Taylor Fletcher if you need my address pm me and I'll get it to you tonight

Your replacement boards already shipped. We are one day ahead in this part of the world ;)

Hi Mako.
I paid on Sept 24  for 2 Rev J, 1 Rev A and 1 Rev D pcbs. I received a package on the 14 OCT with only 2 Rev J boards. Is there another package coming or a mistake with the shipping???

Thanks

pablobolche said:
Hi Mako.
I paid on Sept 24  for 2 Rev J, 1 Rev A and 1 Rev D pcbs. I received a package on the 14 OCT with only 2 Rev J boards. Is there another package coming or a mistake with the shipping???

Thanks

From the FAQ linked at the bottom of the first post:

"Orders of three or more board sets may ship in separate packages. Packages sent simultaneously may arrive at different times due to the mysteries of the postal system."

All of your boards were sent one day earlier than indicated on the order acknowledgment you received. The second package should soon follow. If it doesn't arrive soon, please let me know via this thread. Thank you.

OK for that, did not read it at the time..
Anyway 2nd pack of boards arrived today.. todo esta bien
Damn the boards are beautiful.
Muchas Gracias

pablobolche said:
OK for that, did not read it at the time..
Anyway 2nd pack of boards arrived today.. todo esta bien
Damn the boards are beautiful.
Muchas Gracias

De nada. Hey, congrats on getting those miners out! We had 24 hour coverage here!

Greetings from "sunny" Syracuse, New York MNATS,  ;)

I wanted to make sure before I placed an order that the prices on the first page of this thread are current. I see that you last edited that page on September 28th.

cheers,

-Maschine

Maschinenmann said:
I wanted to make sure before I placed an order that the prices on the first page of this thread are current. I see that you last edited that page on September 28th.

Thanks for posting your question.

From the FAQ linked at the bottom of the first post in this thread:

The first post is updated regularly to reflect current availability and prices.

Hi mnats, I have bought you the set boards of 1176 rev D, you have in stock?. How long does it take to Spain? Thanks

armand1234 said:
Hi mnats, I have bought you the set boards of 1176 rev D, you have in stock?.

Please see the last sentence of the post just before yours.

armand1234 said:
How long does it take to Spain? Thanks

Also from the FAQ:

"Shipping times vary widely even for the same location. Delivery times are mostly dependent on your local postal service. If you want an idea of how long it would take to reach your locale, search the thread for someone in your area who posted when they ordered and when they received. Australia post quotes 5 to 7 work days to deliver but this is seldom achieved in practice. Parcels sent to Italy can sometimes take up to three MONTHS."

dmp said:
Do the new 1108 boards have a ground plane?

They have a star ground just like the first batch (see the photos in the first post which you can enlarge by clicking). You would probably want to make a complete enclosure around a 51X build or put a well-grounded unit next to it to shield the board if that is indeed the reason for your question.

They have a star ground just like the first batch (see the photos in the first post which you can enlarge by clicking). You would probably want to make a complete enclosure around a 51X build or put a well-grounded unit next to it to shield the board if that is indeed the reason for your question.
Thanks for your response. I measured the noise floor for prototype I built last night and it was really low, ~-120dB... so it isn't that it's a problem. I'm just thinking about it, always trying to learn, in the quest of trying to figure out what separates the great equipment from the not so great.  I think your 1176 boards have a ground plane - does this add significantly to the cost? (if you don't mind me asking)
Ideally, wouldn't the best situation be for the PCB to have a complete ground plane that is only connected to chassis ground and completely isolated from the audio ground (which would be on the other side)? I don't think the 1176 boards do this.

Back