New member Intro from Belize

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Feucht

My website is at innovatia.com and provides details on my interest: measurement instruments and power electronics, both of which are strongly related to audio, but strangely enough, I do not primarily have an audio interest! I publish articles through how2power.com and one of the recent ones is an off-beat look at possible causes for distortion in speaker cables, a power-electronics topic I normally do not immerse myself in. A lifetime friend of mine, Bruce Hofer, the analog founder of Audio Precision, Inc., AES Fellow, and (like myself) a Tektronix spin-off, does not have much interest in the topic either.

Yet all is not lost. I am interested in distortion (but not as much as Bruce, who will probably take some deep insights into audio nonlinearity with him to the grave) and cover some of it a little in my first Analog Circuit Design book series. I learned from Bruce back in the 1970s a simple way he had of approximating THD in transistor amplifier stages, and it is in the book High-Performance Amplifiers. Anyone on this website who wants a (free) PDF copy, contact me with a request through the Inquiry link on the Innovatia website. It is audiophile comments - and rather positive, I might say - about my books on this website that induced me to sign on.

My website is at innovatia.com and provides details on my interest: measurement instruments and power electronics, both of which are strongly related to audio, but strangely enough, I do not primarily have an audio interest! I publish articles through how2power.com and one of the recent ones is an off-beat look at possible causes for distortion in speaker cables, a power-electronics topic I normally do not immerse myself in. A lifetime friend of mine, Bruce Hofer, the analog founder of Audio Precision, Inc., AES Fellow, and (like myself) a Tektronix spin-off, does not have much interest in the topic either.

Yet all is not lost. I am interested in distortion (but not as much as Bruce, who will probably take some deep insights into audio nonlinearity with him to the grave) and cover some of it a little in my first Analog Circuit Design book series. I learned from Bruce back in the 1970s a simple way he had of approximating THD in transistor amplifier stages, and it is in the book High-Performance Amplifiers. Anyone on this website who wants a (free) PDF copy, contact me with a request through the Inquiry link on the Innovatia website. It is audiophile comments - and rather positive, I might say - about my books on this website that induced me to sign on.
Welcome Dennis. Your books are very valuable to me, you will be a great resource in this forum.

Being touted by Brad (RIP) is pretty high praise.

Speaker cables have been pretty well inspected for decades.

JR

Latest posts

Back