{NOT!} Sorry my nonexsisting english.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="gyraf"]What does IIRC stand for?

Jakob E.[/quote]

IMHO, FWIW, AFAIK, IIRC, If I recall correctly, it stands for If I recall correctly, YMMV.

J

edit: What does YMMV mean?

[quote author="Bjorn Zetterlund"]err...so what's AFAIK??[/quote]

HTH :grin:

http://www.sharpened.net/glossary/acronyms.php

Too many here:
http://www.magicpub.com/netprimer/acronyms.html

-Eric

[quote author="The Kid"]I have no problems with language differences; spelling, on the other hand, drives me nuts! [/quote] I assume you mean: "incorrect spelling"?
Take, for example, the title of this forum, "Existing" doesn't need another "s". I guess the thing that bugs me about it, is dictionaries are all over, and spell checkers as well
You should add a comma after "is."
The thing is, mis-spelling certain words, can give it an entirely different meaning,
...can give --them-- an entirely different meaning( "words" is plural. )

...errors happen all the time, and most people don't bother to check

Glass houses, and all that :wink:

-Eric

[quote author="StephenGiles"]Hi Eric, how's things? Fancy seeing you over here![/quote]
My daughters made me a father's day cake, and it's a beautiful day in SO-CAL.
This is a good group of people here.

As someone from the mud on the island on the edge of nowhere who moved to Spain many years ago, I think that the "bastard" nature of English is it's best point . Any new word which comes along is asimulated (just like the Borg would) and appears in the dictionary for all to see.
Since I joined this forum I use plate instead of anode and tube instead of valve etc not because I now think it's correct but because its the most commonly used.
Its what you MEAN not how you say it or what language you use.

Welcome to our friend from Estonia and all others like him, knowledge and enthusiasm should have no linguistic barriers.

PRR for president,

Steve

Back