Novice swede seeks help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubbabubbla

Hello,
I joined this forum because I have no knowledge of electronics. I have gotten a Tascam midistudio 644 for free which doesent have a powersupply. Seems hard to find a orignal one on the internet.
I have found a video showing how to solder and make your own. But I would like to know if someone is selling powersupplys? I live in Sweden so im not sure what voltage and ground to consider but I'll ask around.

All the best!

Bubba

Oh I see,
I did a quick Wikipedia search.
The mains electricity in Sweden has a 230 V residential voltage and a frequency at 50 hz, with a alternating voltage.
The powerplug outlet is a type F. :)

Regarding connector, i'm quite sure the question was more about the type of connector going into the Midistudio.

A photo might help. Not that there's a zillion different kinds of 4-pin connectors in existence... 😉

OP disappeared? Multi-purpose PSUs are readily available in Sweden from places like Electrokit, Clas Ohlson, kjell.com, google will give you all of them (strömförsörjning is your keyword).
The plug can be diy'd with a few pieces of a computer connector and hot glue, if you can get the positions and voltages from the schemo...

Best solution is to remove the original connector and replace it with something standard and readily available, like this one:

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 19.53.48.png

Changing the connector is quite easy, then after that rolling a +/- 10VDC with 7VAC tap PSU it's also no big deal.
But I'm afraid all of this is too much for the OP's knowledge, specially after seeing that the only person that replied to Jakob questions regarding the PSU was member Eskimo.

Last edited:
I guess the important thing from Moby's video is that you shouldn't be afraid to replace the original connector and install another one. That video was just an example of someone that has done it.

Like I said, best solution in this situation is to replace the connector for something more common and then build a PSU

I guess the important thing from Moby's video is that you shouldn't be afraid to replace the original connector and install another one. That video was just an example of someone that has done it.

Like I said, best solution in this situation is to replace the connector for something more common and then build a PSU
Exactly. The psu itself is really straight forward and can be made by dozen ways. The point is to rid off that weird connector ;)

OP disappeared? Multi-purpose PSUs are readily available in Sweden from places like Electrokit, Clas Ohlson, kjell.com, google will give you all of them (strömförsörjning is your keyword).
The plug can be diy'd with a few pieces of a computer connector and hot glue, if you can get the positions and voltages from the schemo...
Thanks will look it up!

Best solution is to remove the original connector and replace it with something standard and readily available, like this one:

View attachment 101058

Changing the connector is quite easy, then after that rolling a +/- 10VDC with 7VAC tap PSU it's also no big deal.
But I'm afraid all of this is too much for the OP's knowledge, specially after seeing that the only person that replied to Jakob questions regarding the PSU was member Eskimo.
Yeah will get help from a friend who is a electrician. Will keep you updated :)

Back