NYC Area DIY Group

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone asked about the Rain Narma interview CJ did.

It is now in the google mail account for the group.  Enjoy...

I'm here! Just slammed with work right now. Thanks for posting that interview, Charlie. It was me who asked.

I read a few of the original posts, if theres a group thats still getting together in NYC let me know.  Im new to the forums and the whole DIY thing, but would love to absorb some of the knowledge (I dont ask a lot of questions.... lol)

will do. no set date or interval.  usually someone completes a project that they would like to show off, hear A/B ed with some other equiptment, or its something other members show some interest in and they propose a meet.just keep watch of the thread.

hey!!!  i have nothing new to show but im always up for a meeting. im making an m1 clone on a pcb board that is not quite capable of an ,exact clone,so im jumping things off the board to a home etch board then back again as well as cutting and jumping traces. had some recent deaths family and friends that set me back a few weeks also. this project is kicking my ass. im thinking i should wait till july forth to fire it up. should be some good fire works. i will prevail though.
the green mic was one of ioaudios mk7 kits. with a DIY mic case. a mxl 990(top and bottom) with an aluminum pipe extension.  dale M7 capsule,brimar NOS ef86. glad to help if you have any more ????.  ioaudio now offers a different kit  mk47.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I had a baby today. Gimme a few weeks to sort some stuff out and I'll get back to you guys about scheduling another get together.

ok i'll be thewoman here...  a Boy or a Girl!!?????  congratulations, i miss little ones around the house to play with. best health and wishes.
p.s. what was it like? it must have hurt. (someone had to go there.the set up was to good.)
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

sr.. i started to populate my ez1290 pcbs with some resistors i have, not starting this project in earnest yet but i would love to hear it.  i have 2 of mnats g1176 comps that need some attention so id lover to give those a listen as well..

Hey Sea, im not too far from you, im in Westbury (just up the meadowbrook).  Are your 1176s fully working?  Im having quite a time with them (again because i bought the wrong BOM (i think)) but I would love to see one in action.  I'd def. bring out the 2-1073.  It's the best sounding Pre in my studio right now.  Im planning on picking up a UA LA-610MKII to get some tube flavor in here. 

Just got boards for the the SB4000, a Stereo Matrix (MS en/decoder), and the CLX160 just waiting on the parts  now.

the 1176 s  are not functioning as they should. i bought them from a member herefor a good price. they are made from the original gyraf boards but the mods to get them working correctly were never made. i just ordered 2 mnats boards and plan on transferring the components to these boards and then reinstalling these into to units.

Hi all,

Also new to DIY. I really like the idea of these meetings and would be keen on going to the next one.

To date I have only completed a 1176 revF. It works great from the get go and sounds amazing...I'm now addicted now to DIY and have 3 more projects under way.

I don't pretend to know a lot so I don't what I can offer... I can bring the donuts :)

Ideally I'd like to take notes and listen at first then ultimately pass it forward to the next beginners.

Chris - oyster bay

I'm new to the forum, but this sounds great! Does anyone have a place to host? I can bring my ptp eqp-1a once my transformers arrive & I wire them in ;D
Eli

does anyone have a working 1176 rev J mnats board?
Im having a helluva time getting this thing right... every BOM and component list i look at is different.
I think i have all the parts i need, just need to make sure all the values are correct.

Latest posts

Back