NYC Area DIY Group

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, i don't have a car, so I don't know how i'd get there.  But i do have a bunch of 51x stuff finished!  and received Igor's parts today that were missing for the 2 F76s i'm building.  i'll probably finish those up this week.  And maybe, if Ruckus starts sending out kits for his SB4001, that'll be ready too!  but not likely.  he hasn't updated his thread in a while. 

Anyone traveling from Jersey/Bronx/Manhattan, i'm near the triboro bridge if you're heading out to Long Island for this gathering :)

Chuck, if you cant bring gear this go around its ok, you can still head out and BS with everyone, have a drink or two.
As far as times go, around 7 I guess.  Should give everyone time to get their daily deeds done before nerding it up. 

Anyone reading this thats been hiding in the shadows that may want to come, speak up, and if you're coming from the other side of the bridge, see if grabbin MOOLAY is an option.

Songguy said:
Sr can you pm me the address?
same here. 7 oclock works for me i'll bring some tube mics.  royer, 2 g7s ,different capsules(peluso ck12 and a beezkneez k47), and an ioaudio mk7w/dale m7 capsule. other guys have heard this stuff(except for the beez neez mic) but you guys have not and i have nothing new to show.i have a hamptone tube preamp i can bring. my doac comp is on loan right now. maybe for next time with some of the projects i have in the works now
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Cool, id love to hear that hamptone.  I was thinkin of picking up one of those kits.

I will post the address for everyone tomorrow, keep an eye out!

OK, here it is...
http://www.meirecords.com/directions.php
Horribly anti climactic! There's the address, the directions (from various places/modes of transport) and a map.

Click the contact us link, theres a phone number at the top if you need help. :)
As far as refreshments and stuff, if anyone has preferences, let me know, I'll hit up the store tonight.  (hopefully someone is a decent musician that can perform for us to try out some of this gear! ;) )

I should let it be known that out of all the junk i have in my studio, i DO NOT have a lunchbox of any sort yet (thats on my list for next year).

bro, sounds like you should get someone to pick me up so you can hear my lunch box stuff!  Jeff's VP26, 312 and VC528(bananas), Colin's 1073-500, and igor's 1176 in 500 series format!

Ill see what I can do man.

EDIT: Im a little Peeved that my faceplate for my 4-312 isnt getting here till monday.  We can frankenstein it if anyone wants to try to hear the difference between the 918 and 2520 DOAs.

Hung out at SR1200s studio with Seavote!    twas awesome!  Did lots of A/B/C/Ding of a BUNCH of stuff!

Igor's F76 vs Mnats 1176 Rev D (surprisingly "identical")

Ruckus' SB4000 vs...uh, um.. not using Ruckus' SB4000??? 
bushscratchinghead.jpg

derp derp lol

Jeff's VP26-2520 vs Jeff's VP312-1731 vs 3nity's Access-312-918 vs 3nity's Access-312-2520 vs Jeff's VP312-918
(918 is Whistle Rock's kit.  we swapped out the Gar2520 in my 312 and the 918 in SR1200's 312. )

Colin's EZ1073-500 vs Martin's 1073 vs Seavote's Hamptone

Jeff's 312DI vs Seavote's Hamptone DI

and let's see....

Royer Mod vs an actual royer vs G7(?? - living inside an MXL body) vs AKG418 clip-on mic!

Jeff's VC528 was also exposed and clarified its purpose in the 51x rack :p

sr1200, if you got those audio files still, i'd like to hear them again.  :)

Aawwww  Mannn ...  really wish I could have made this  :(      Side Gig came through , had to go for the $    .. still here actually.  Finishing up on a Dual 1176 Rev. J , D-LA2A , and quad of NYDave One Bottles - will most Def make the next one  !

Back