NYC Area DIY Group

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the correct values for the j version are the same as gyrafs version. the easiest  way to check the values would be to use gyrafs component layout

http://www.gyraf.dk/gy_pd/1176/1176.pdf

see pg 2.   there are some components that are not used if using the lundahl input or out put transformer(check on the mnats board its noted there) im not sure which one i dont have the board in front of me.

So are there any plans for a get together soon?  I'd love to meet with everyone.  I got to meet a couple of DIYers when i was in Europe over the summer, some really nice ppl there.

My projects completed so far:
6 Channels of Martins EZ1290s (2 channel unit w/ VU meters and a 4 Ch 2U unit)
Sumthing (I renamed to "sigma")
2 SB4000's
1 1176 Rev D (i just couldn't do the Rev J.... need a beer for that story)
1 CLX (dBx 160 clone)
1 M-S encoder/decoder

I have 4 Access 312's on the bench now that I'm hoping to finish up before TxGiving.

i've got a bunch of 51X stuff ready to be shown off, but no car :(  So, if anyone is out in Long Island (i'm in astoria, queens) coming in for the next meeting, could ya pick me up???

I know Guavatone was suggesting we have the meetings out at his studio.

mulletchuck said:
Guavatone's spot is in Clifton, NJ, i believe.  If y'all wanna hold it in a small bedroom with a loft bed and no sound proofing or room treatment, we can do it at my spot LOLOL

I would host it too, but likewise my room is not treated. My gear would be good to test through.

Auratone C5's, Motu 282 w/ 424 card, Bryson 2B power amplifier, large room with high ceiling.. we could have a drink or two here also.

But ill go anywhere. Clifton is an easy destination. When is the meet?

im in if available. long island ny area good but i will travel a bit.  sr my 1176 revision j voltages are good but i need to get them home to test . if its up and running i'll bring it with me.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Cool seavote, I'm ready to throw my boards off a pier LOL, I think that was my LEAST favorite build ever, and I didn't even complete it.  The rev D, on the other hand, one of the easiest yet. 

I have 2 channels of the Access 312 with 2520 ops up and running now, just waiting for another Cinemag output tx (i got a bum one with my last order) and some 918 op-amp's from whistle rock... Figured if I'm doing 4 of em, might as well get some varied flavor in there.  All parts should be in by end of next week, I'd like to have that finished.

If things aren't too crazy for everyone with the holidays coming up, perhaps an LI meeting if Guava isn't available.  We can work out the where/when during the week.

Has anyone really stepped up and set a date for this? It seems like a lot of people are into the idea but no one has stepped forward and made a date time and place. Though, I have not read every page of this thread. I could be wrong. If someone needs to step forward let me know.

buildafriend said:
Has anyone really stepped up and set a date for this? It seems like a lot of people are into the idea but no one has stepped forward and made a date time and place. Though, I have not read every page of this thread. I could be wrong. If someone needs to step forward let me know.
we havehad a few meetings since the thread began. its been a while and it seems there is a lot of interest in a meet. whoever will"host" the get together will have to be the one to propose a date to "get the ball rolling" i cant host at the moment so i must wait
(eagerly)  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Been getting a server error everytime i try to post.  I would host a meeting at my place the 19th or 20th (whichever works for the most people).  I could set up a table sowe can hack and slash at some projects that are giving people grief.  Might be nice to have a few pairs of eyes and hands on some things. As far as time goes, we can do either a early afternoon say 12:30 - 6ish or 7-whenever either day. (just need to make preparations). Lemme know what u guys wanna do.

i can get together either of those days . just need to know which one so i can plan weekend (need to rip down, insulate and sheetrock my garage ceiling.  my future studio) i can bring some things that i know are working as well as the 1176 (didnt get to work on it today)
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Saturday evening then? 

Just let me know what everyone drinks (soda, beer, water etc.).

Im just about finished with my access 312s. The new 918s arrived today got those together and in there. Just needs a face lift and 1 output tranny thats supposed to be getting here wed. according to UPS.

Latest posts

Back