NYD- 1 Tube PCB layout.. (With PDF files NOW)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres the New Version.
Pad/Polarity and phantom on board.
Gain terminal is a little deep in the board but shouldn be a problem.

PDF documents for easy home etch should be ready next week.

NYD-1B_rev2.JPG

will oep A262A3E as used in g9 be ok for that preamp? i'm putting an order at canford and if it is suitable i'll order a few. I've checked datasheets and cinemag is 150:10k and oep is more like 150:25k, not sure if it's gonna make any difference in that circuit though

m.

Most likely different pinouts... You could go with an Altran 3402-2 which is a 1:8 and uses the same pinout. It's $35, not much more than the OEP with screening can.

Thanks for your answer.
Pinout isn't a problem. I just wanted to ask if 150:25k transformer will work in this circuit cause I can add them to my pending order. I think that eventually I'm going to use cinemags, but I'm not planning any order from US now.

Altran sells direct.  Shoot them an email or call them... www.altrancorp.com
It was $35 about 6 months ago, I wouldn't think it's changed, and there are discounts at 10 units.

Its still $35 for those Altran transformers for quantities 1-9 and $29.52 for 10. Got the prices about two weeks ago.

jrfred453 said:
Its still $35 for those Altran transformers for quantities 1-9 and $29.52 for 10. Got the prices about two weeks ago.
Have I missed something on the site? No products appear to be listed - just "call us and we'll give you a quote"

Well, you missed the 3402-2, on the site under "audio transformers." Actually, they make many more audio trafos, but last time I talked to them they hadn't gotten them on their site. They are really good guys.  Ask them to send you a price sheet and some datasheets of audio trafos they make. They'll be more than happy.  Their audio trafos are very nice quality, but it's not their main line of business, that's why they are not putting too much effort to get all the info online like Cinemag and Jensen for whom audio trafos are the main line of business.

mitsos said:
Well, you missed the 3402-2, on the site under "audio transformers." Actually, they make many more audio trafos, but last time I talked to them they hadn't gotten them on their site. They are really good guys.  Ask them to send you a price sheet and some datasheets of audio trafos they make. They'll be more than happy.  Their audio trafos are very nice quality, but it's not their main line of business, that's why they are not putting too much effort to get all the info online like Cinemag and Jensen for whom audio trafos are the main line of business.
Doh! I actually saw that but was looking for Power Trannies. Must be alzheimers... :-[

Hey 3nity.. Are you planning on doing a MILA layout as well??  ;D

I know this can all be done P2P, but I'm very disorganized so you can imagine the rats nest it would become in my hands..

I've been comming up with all sorts of stupid reasons not to build this one for a long time...I guess there is no use fighting it anymore?  ;D
..but isn't the heater on one side (pin4/9) shorted?...

johan

Back