Oktava MK-12 - looking for info

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12AX7

Hey everyone!

I came across an interesting pair of mics - the Oktava MK-12. No, not the MK-012.

It's widely believed that the MK-012's predecessor is the MKE-2. This is partially true but the MKE-2 existed at the same time as the MK-12, which is much closer in design to the MK-012 than the MKE-2.

The MK-12 is a true condenser pencil mic. It's a FET condenser with an output transformer and removable capsules. Appears to be phantom powered via a 3-pin DIN/Tuchel connector. Does not have a cable like the MKE-2.

That's about all I know about this microphone. I'm posting here because I'm hoping that maybe someone could shine some light onto it. It's a pretty simple mic but I think it might have some pretty good potential.

I'm curious as to whether it's powered by 48V or some different phantom voltage?
I will reverse engineer the preamp as finding one is probably not easy. Luckily it's a pretty simple design. I'll post some pics of the guts when I get to drawing the schematic.

Any info on this mic is very welcome!

Back