OPEN SOURCE DIY Mic Project - ORS 87 - Stripped Down u87

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What would be the difference? At $30/circuit I'd be willing to give it a try vs. not being able to build my own circuit.
I understand that @Khron is now working on the BOM parts list and a complete, detailed set of assembly and BIAS instructions so that any beginner can build a great microphone.
Chinese components do not offer the same quality, performance, low noise, reliability, etc.

I understand that @Khron is now working on the BOM parts list and a complete, detailed set of assembly and BIAS instructions so that any beginner can build a great microphone.
Chinese components do not offer the same quality, performance, low noise, reliability, etc.
Thank you so much! Yesterday i was reading the last posts and i got pretty lost. would be a great gift at this point to make a summary The project becomes a university of knowledge! Lots of gratitude.

Is this a private joke?

This is what i read? thank you for every thing you have share and done anyway
Best

This is what Micolas have Posted I understand that @Khron is now working on the BOM parts list and a complete, detailed set of assembly and BIAS instructions so that any beginner can build a great microphone.

I was just enthousiastic !!! :)) about this
Are you working on the BOM parts list and a complete, detailed set of assembly and BIAS instructions so that any beginner can build a great microphone. Thank you

Last edited:
Are you working on the BOM parts list and a complete, detailed set of assembly and BIAS instructions so that any beginner can build a great microphone. Thank you

Well......

https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/ORS87_Plus_Open_source_U87_mic_project_2922baaf.html

That being said, BOMs for Mouser and Digikey are still in progress (close to being done), but i'll only get to scrape together a build guide in a few weeks, after i get some blank boards made 😬

All you had to do was to read...

@AdamFrisen
E.g:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_Eyt30d9

Even cheaper by about 30% than the one proposed by you.
Good body but the internal electronics, the capsule, do not offer quality,
(experiments can be done 😀)
The shockmount may be different from the one in the presentation picture, but it's not a major problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-01-11-42-35-580_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd_1719823400521.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-01-11-42-35-580_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd_1719823400521.jpg
    623.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2024-07-01-11-53-50-665_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-01-11-53-50-665_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2024-07-01-11-55-32-340_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-01-11-55-32-340_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 0
@AdamFrisen
https://a.aliexpress.com/_Eyt30d9
During this period they have all kinds of offers and discounts.
I simulated a checkout and they made an additional discount of about 10%.
With shipping included, at my exchange rate, it comes to about $25 😀
Now I got tempted although I have HL-95 waiting for capsule(s).

Maybe I should buy this one for cardiod only and use HL-95 for Khron's PCB or M. Fuchs (I guess I have to make PCB myself?)

Back