Ordered my new CNC machine

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ppa said:
Are the alluminium wastes (that a CNC machine does when it work on alluminum parts)  dangerous for the health?

I would like to buy a CNC machine but I am thinking that the alluminium wastes might be a problem, this is my suspicion.

When the CNC machine works on alluminium parts, does it make a very small dust in the air?
isn't it?

Well, normally the chips are much larger than dust, heavier and less likely to become airborne in the way that doesn does. this can be completely removed by using some small amount of mist, either water or rubbing alcohol. The dust that I see every day at work is about like glitter, larger chunks that DO get everywhere, but not fine enough to float around. Although, note that I'm working on a mitre saw.

Well, its been a learning experience!

I've had luck with mdf and delrin (plastic). Some luck with aluminium, but steel causes the machine to stutter and lock.

It's a complete time soak for certain! With a 5 month old baby boy in the house, I've hasd virtually no time to tinker with it since last october.

If I had time - I'd continue tuning it, learning the best cut depth and feed rates for the materials and adding a vacuum nozzle. (And modding it for a pick and place!)

/R

yo, dude!   I keep seein' your tweets on my TL (expataudio)  but you never check your mentions!!!  lololol

and your inbox is full, so that's why I'm messaging you here.

Chuck
(matkatmusic on twitter)

Latest posts

Back