Panels for Cheaper

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend gets panels from Schaeffer regularly. They are engraved. He gets multi-coloured lettering. What engraving technique do they use? The lettering has painted in-fill, but looks too neat to be painted by hand. How do they do it?

Yea Schaeffer is the other company that uses the Front Panel software. I already looked into them and they're prices are similar to FPE. I would have to pay shipping from Europe so they were not an option.

I don't know how they do the color infill so neat, but Front Panel Pro's/Cam-Expert can do it just as well as FPE/Schaeffer.

Rocinante said:
Ah doddly dee
It's a pirates life for me
I'm not crying
but I gave fpe lots of money
If they want some more from me
Then let us convert to svg
I'll gladly pay an additional fee
Id also like bundled discounts please
Ahh diddly dee
Then  its a pirates life for me

Hey if you don't already make money doing jingles, it something you should consider!

thermionic said:
My friend gets panels from Schaeffer regularly. They are engraved. He gets multi-coloured lettering. What engraving technique do they use? The lettering has painted in-fill, but looks too neat to be painted by hand. How do they do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwH_UiwLCjc

Bri

After getting my panels done externally for some time, I got a CNC milling machine and never looked back. My machine is small for a rack panel so I do it in two passes, something like 1-2hours for a whole panel, cutting and engraving.

That's the cheaper way for me to get panels done, it's not that hard to learn and results are good.

Well, my process isn't as neat as the shown in the video, but I can live with that...

dirtyhanfri said:
After getting my panels done externally for some time, I got a CNC milling machine and never looked back. My machine is small for a rack panel so I do it in two passes, something like 1-2hours for a whole panel, cutting and engraving.

That's the cheaper way for me to get panels done, it's not that hard to learn and results are good.

Well, my process isn't as neat as the shown in the video, but I can live with that...

Which CNC did you get and how much does it cost?

Cheers

Ian

One of those Chinesse machines in eBay, 3020T- DJ, it cost about 600€ including shipping, mine came from germany, free from customs taxes.

Add a bit more for tools, bits and clamps, nothing so especial...

Brian Roth said:
thermionic said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwH_UiwLCjc

Bri

Thanks. So, they do it by hand! I can only conclude that they get a neat job because the panels aren't etched or bead blasted too deeply. Blasting and etching will make the surface porous, thus making the possibility of over-spill permanently colouring surrounding areas higher.

I found somewhere in my country (Turkey).They are making acid etched front panel(Like engraved letters).And CNC milling.I've just ordered a front panel for my Pultec.But they can't paint all panel.Only letters.I have to paint my front panel and etched letters,again.But cost is great!Only $20!It's worth,i believe.So i don't have any problem about my own front panel,anymore.Finally!

dirtyhanfri said:
One of those Chinesse machines in eBay, 3020T- DJ, it cost about 600€ including shipping, mine came from germany, free from customs taxes.

Add a bit more for tools, bits and clamps, nothing so especial...

There are quite a few on sale on eBay in the UK from a German supplier medshop.  Around £300 plus shipping. Is that where you got yours? What extra things do you need to get going, where can you buy them and what do they cost?

Cheers

Ian

I think it's better to start a new thread and stop hijacking this. That way it could be added to the Front Panel Meta.

I will start it in The Machine Shop.

Happy new year!

Latest posts

Back