PASSIVE di box pcb ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Send me a schematic of the DI that you want to build, along with a Parts List of >> ALL << of the parts that you want to use (MFG Part Numbers, datasheets, etc.) and I will come up with the stuff (i.e., various file formats) that you will need to either "etch-your-own" PCBs or to send to a PCB shop to have them made for you. It really ain't that hard to do, but I need to know -- WHAT -- it is that you want to use for your personal project here!!! I am....."Standing By".....
May I resurrect this post just to warn you, Midnight, I'm about to write you in private for a much similar project? 😁

Jensen is not what it used to be...

Cinemag is my High End US Option recomendation,
they still have the same dedication an high standards as in the past Reichenbach years, David Geren is doing an amazing job in keeping the legend continuing, it's his passion also.
Cinemag was created by "Reichenbach Engineering" and owned by it and "Reichenbach Engineering" was also the company designing transformers for Jensen.

CM-DBX.jpg

Screen Shot 2024-03-03 at 22.12.52.png

https://cinemag.biz/direct_box/direct_box.php

Last edited:
Based on what exactly? They got bought by Radial but have not heard anything about the quality actually changing.

Bill Whitlock was the knowledge, the heart and the soul of Jensen, and a company needs that. David Green it’s the same for CineMag.

Bill sold Jensen to Radial, which is a company with no knowledge, heart or soul related to transformers, the goals change a bit, the run for profit it’s the main goal.
Ownership changed, direction of the company changed, factory moved and was changed, factory workers and employees changed, raw materials suppliers and sources changed, some processes and productions are not made in-house but overseas…

You do whatever you want, I’m not going to develop more of this as there’s much more to say but it’s irrelevant to this thread.
I just made a recommendation,
CineMag is the only US made high end audio transformer option in my opinion and that’s what I recommend.

Now go on having fun doing a passive DI box using whatever you want

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back