Series Passive Cue Feed Boxes

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up until private cue systems were the in thing, we mainly had the Simon’s cb4 boxes which were fed from a small amp like a crown d45.
Then we moved into building private cue systems using Mackie mixers and distribution systems so we could feed as much as 16 sources and distribute them to each mixer so that who ever had one in front of them could make their own cue mix.
Now we have hit gold where you can do it all using cat5e and systems made by “insert company here”. Unless you want to make headphone mixes for others get a cue system. They range in price and features but really make the job easier.

From around 1980 to 1983 I worked for Audiotechniques, who were the precursor to Redco Audio. One of my many tasks was to assemble the Little Red Cue Boxes. Working there was the start of a lifelong relationship with the current owner of Redco and, as an electrical contractor, I have done most of the electrical work at their current facility in Monroe, Connecticut.
so you worked with Ham Brosious?

Coincidentally I lived in a rented house in Monroe for several years in the 70s/80s

JR

so you worked with Ham Brosious?

Coincidentally I lived in a rented house in Monroe for several years in the 70s/80s

JR
Yes, Ham Brosious, Bob Berliner were the owners. Bob started Redco with his son Dave, who is still the owner. Ham used to let me drive his Peugeot Turbo Diesel from Stamford into New York City to deliver / pickup stuff from their NY office which was in the Brill Building. Those were the days......
Oh, and you know Chuck Augustowski. He was the Allen & Heath importer, running out of the back room at Audiotechniques.

Latest posts

Back