Person of the year

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JohnRoberts said:
Hopefully they will win support from western leaders.

The last time they got Western support a democratically elected leaded was overthrown and they ended up with the Shah.

Gold said:
The last time they got Western support a democratically elected leaded was overthrown and they ended up with the Shah.
These days it would be unleaded..... :eek:

I found it interesting that the protestors refused to walk on US and Israeli flags painted on the street to show disrespect, in effect disrespecting the Iranian leadership.

I hope the Iranian government doesn't use lethal force or imprisonment as they have in the past.

My comment about support was in comparison to the last time there was a similar anti-government uprising (the green movement in 2009).  The administration response this time is more typical of our general support for democracy and liberty around the world....

I won't flog the last administration that is now out of power, for not supporting the protestors last time,  I was critical of them at the time right here..... FWIW the other western leaders at the time offered statements of support.

JR

PS: Apparently President Obama was trying to curry favor with the  mullahs secretly to negotiate the "Iran deal". 

Back