Printers /ink.... razors/blades...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used B&W laser printers for many years. Besides ink that lasts a very long time the print speed is much faster.  I have to print out logs, packing slips and shipping labels almost every day.  It's much faster with a laser printer. I have an HP that is 11 years old and still chugging along with daily use.

I am a little embarrassed that it took me this long to figure out... I joke that life is an IQ test, and I failed this question.

I now have an injet printer still in working order for the junk pile..I feel bad about even giving it away because of the ink cost.

I got the new dell B&W laser in and working and it seems superior for my needs (invoices, shipping labels, etc). 

Only ding is that the drivers don't work on my old mac mini that doesn't have the newest OS...  My old database program I use for printing checks won't run on the newer mac OS...so I still use that old mac for printing checks.  everybody is working some angle, that involves me buying more new versions of sh__ I already paid for once.

The check printing program allows me to export PDF images, so I may end up networking the two macs together to share image files.

I may need to break down and get a new version of that data-base program.. (but I'm cheap). 

JR 

[edit] First day of printing out mailing labels and invoices with new printer, all I can say is sweet...  First page takes a few seconds to warm up from sleep mode, after that almost instant...    8)  I can work around the checks, I only need one or two paper checks a month...  [/edit]

[edit2]  printed a check from a text file , and I didn't even waste a check getting it sorted...  8) since my checks go to the same place for the same amount every month... this will be easy peasy... [/edit2]

Back