PSU for trafoless 1176 (Check my design,please)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ForthMonkey said:
abbey road d enfer said:
ForthMonkey said:
I added impedance balanced version.What do you think?
you have added a voltage divider at the output (R56 & 57) that increases the output Z to about 2.5k; why?
As a result, one leg is 2575r and the other is 75r. Do you think it's really impedance-balanced?

Actually R56&R57 is ouput pot.
Output pot without buffer is not compatible with impedance-balanced; you must add a buffer after the pot.
I don't use pot simulation in Ltspice.
Why? There are several potentiometers in LTspice; very handy.

abbey road d enfer said:
ForthMonkey said:
abbey road d enfer said:
ForthMonkey said:
I added impedance balanced version.What do you think?
you have added a voltage divider at the output (R56 & 57) that increases the output Z to about 2.5k; why?
As a result, one leg is 2575r and the other is 75r. Do you think it's really impedance-balanced?

Actually R56&R57 is ouput pot.
Output pot without buffer is not compatible with impedance-balanced; you must add a buffer after the pot.
I don't use pot simulation in Ltspice.
Why? There are several potentiometers in LTspice; very handy.

Thanks for warning.

I updated circuit on first post.Added simple single o amp buffer.I believe it's ok.

About pots in Ltspice...I don't know.This way is easier to me.

ForthMonkey said:
I updated circuit on first post.Added simple single o amp buffer.I believe it's ok.
Yes.
With pots, you can use the .step command and visualize the action of the pot. Check the Help files in LTspice and the potentiometer model by Helmut.

abbey road d enfer said:
ForthMonkey said:
Yes.
With pots, you can use the .step command and visualize the action of the pot. Check the Help files in LTspice and the potentiometer model by Helmut.

Thanks for idea.I can try it but first i have to learn.

By the way can you check this layout?I put PSU,too.This layout for PSU is OK?

Xq1zn5.png

Back