PYE Compressor/Limiter Thread *boards shipping* BOM up!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No BSY95A I use the V405 ORIGINAL SGS PNP cost £5 for two

not using 2N3904
I'm referring to the NPN VT12 on original Schematic or TR14 on the PIE build. The reason I used a 2N3904 was just to see if the issue was hfe related (which it is) as this is the lowest hfe NPN I had available. This is particular relates to the oscillator. If you are using the IC version then this is not an issue.

I was looking for an DPDT rotary for mains power and relay board. However this needs to be specified to 240v

Last edited:
You only need a 1pole 2 pos switch for bypass ...

the max current for the lorin switch. is 150 mA, 350 mA ,you can not switch mains voltage with this switch..

as for the BSY95A I will use that for v14 as the original Schematic states..

cheers

I believe that in Abe's design, the power On/Off and compressor bypass are all on the same switch (3 positions - Off, On [comp in], Bypass), though this might be irrelevant if you are going with your own scheme for the switches.

To be honest, I just don't like it from a user interface standpoint. I realize that it likely doesn't create a lot of real world problems, but the idea that A/B'ing the compressed and uncompressed signals would also be one extra turn of the switch away from shutting off the power to the unit just doesn't appeal to me.

yeah just seen inside one, me personally would not hook up mains supply to that kind of switch that just me..

cheers
I wanted to a switch that was capable of 240v Off, On [comp in], Bypass). As per Abe's PIE design. My front panel is marked this was so I want to keep it that way. Currently I have a hole! If the switch is rated correctly this would not be an issue so thats why I asked what people used if keeping to the original front panel design.

Last edited:
I wanted to a switch that was capable of 240v Off, On [comp in], Bypass). As per Abe's PIE design. My front panel is marked this was so I want to keep it that way. Currently I have a hole! If the switch is rated correctly this would not be an issue so thats why I asked what people used if keeping to the original front panel design.
I did the same, its okay so. Two of Abe's boards are pulling far, far under the 150mA - this is allowed for Lorlins. I think this compressor is the least power consuming piece of my over 80 Outboard Pieces I have/built....
I took a 4P3T Lorlin. 👌

hi guys ,

I am stuffing the power supply right now , just wondering is the orientation right for the diodes D9, D10,D11,D12

Cheers

Attachments

• Photo on 26-10-2022 at 21.30.jpg
    Photo on 26-10-2022 at 21.30.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 0
At least based on the silkscreen, yes. I remember checking the PSU section of the board against the schematic and I’m pretty sure it was correct. Here’s a picture of mine…

Attachments

• 3B755B11-0708-46E7-BA88-67CC03942FB2.jpeg
    3B755B11-0708-46E7-BA88-67CC03942FB2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Hi, I am stuck on winding this T3 inductor , what's the inductance of primary and secondary.

Can I use power transformer wire , or is their some special wire I need to use..
cheers

just a pic of my P.Y.E compressor boards fully suf,f some components are very close together..

enjoy

Attachments

• Photo on 08-11-2022 at 17.20.jpg
    Photo on 08-11-2022 at 17.20.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 1
I here you I am play around with small transistor outputs , I wish I had more info on that part , is it step up or down and what's the inductance at 250khz

Latest posts

Back