• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

REPLICAs of transformers for EQ PULTEC EQP-1A

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vari-mu

Selling REPLICAs of rare transformers for EQ PULTEC EQP-1A  DIY or replacement :

one replica output PEERLESS S-217D (there are only 4)        price $130 + ship
zv1lw1.jpg

one replica interstage TRIAD HS-29      (there are only 4)        price $120 + ship
2vlry4w.jpg

I made 7 pieces of PULTEC EQP-1A of the original schematic
and I do now vari-mu  compressors .
My PULTECs :
2uif383.jpg

9k066x.jpg

voc3ua.jpg

I can also sell replicas of transformers:
TRIAD HS-50 , HS-52 ,  PEERLESS K-241D,  etc .

Vladimir  P.

Also it would be interesting how close you built them to the original in terms of material of the lams etc...
Can you share some info on that?

Another question would be if the trannys could be mounted to the chassis with a threaded grommet like the sowters?

And what are the dimensions? Given the size of e.g. the S217-D replica tranny without can - would it fit in a original style peerless can?

Hi I've sent you an email regarding the 217d, no reply. Are there any still available, and is it any better than the Sowter part which had none of the headroom of the original Peerless?

These look great aesthetically, as do your faceplates.

I think everybody really needs to see some data - sweeps and inductance measurements would be a great start.

Also it would be interesting how close you built them to the original in terms of material of the lams etc..

Agreed.  I seem to recall CJ stating in an old post on the 217d that the original lam type was something long out of production and no longer obtainable.  I think it was in reference to the shape. Not sure about material.

interested in two of your HS52 replica transformers , PM  or email ok , thanks.

Old topic
Please note that I have some of Vladimir's trafos in stock.
http://diy-tubes.com/triad-hs52-clone.html
Some pcs in and out for REDD47, and those fancy russian knobs from the pics in the first post :)

Now, hold on a sec!
In his original thread about winding an HS-52, comrade vari-mu showed pictures of permalloy lams, shiny with high nickel content.
Ungifted's website shows a transformer wound on OSM-style steel core - not permalloy.
What's in the aluminum cans?

I think it depends on the tasks. We've discussed with Vladimir transformers which we can offer, to make things affordable, and made a small batch. 
I have in stock HS52 style trafos made of selected U cores.  IRD47 - permalloy. ORD47 - steel core again.
Anyway it's the question to Vladimir. I've heard nothing but good reviews about his transformers.... hope he will find time to answer.

I have no doubt about the positive reviews, but it's also good to know what exactly is being offered.
I'm actually interested in "HS-52 style" transformers myself.

Now, affordable is a completely different criteria!
Maybe we can even come up with our own unit of transformer affordability, expressed in henries½ per dollar.
As in, divide the square root of primary inductance by the price of the transformer...
Jus' sayin'?

;)

I'm selling transformers, not winding them. :)
I make no secrets about them (and I even cannot do it). :) You can see that the trafos I have are made with U core, not permalloy.
My question to community - it's impossible to make HS52 style trafo using osm style U core?
First of all I interested in reviews, I can offer them with a big discount with guaranteed refund if you're not satisfied with them.
In Moscow everyone can take them for tests.

Back