resurrection of "the brewery is not universally loved because."

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever tried that Samichlaus? Had some at a beer fest a long time ago.... dang... definitely stands out...
I guess with 14% ABV... ;)

The only high alcohol beers I regularly sampled in Germany were Belgian Tripls... (3x strength). I had friends and reps from Belgium that would bring me Belgian beers because they knew me. One year I carried a few of the tripls back home and pitched the live yeast from the bottom of the bottles into a fresh batch of 2x strength Johnny Beer that I brewed. It turned out very well. :cool:

I am not big on HA (high alcohol) brews... that's a young man's pursuit. I am more into session brews that you can drink as long as you need to.

In Germany I mostly searched out dark "alt" (old) biers but they never really hit the spot. Warning: I've shared this story before, the only time I really enjoyed some German Weiss bier (wheat beer) was in a tourist brew pub in Atlanta, on the 4th of July after running the Peachtree 10k foot race. I am generally not a fan of light pilsners but that wheat beer with a slice of lemon really hit the spot after running 6.2 miles, on the 4th of July in Atlanta. :cool:

JR

good

I don't see any obvious rule breaking lately so I will not delete you (but I am not the only one with that capability).

I do not appreciate constantly being called out personally (borderline trolling), but I guess that goes with the territory.

I recall back when I was coaching a company basketball team. The popular advice said, if all your players are happy you aren't doing it right. I didn't intentionally try to make players unhappy, but we did win two league championships.

JR

bball1.jpg

bball2.jpg
The public shaming of the MVP guy who didn't show up to the games is priceless....

The public shaming of the MVP guy who didn't show up to the games is priceless....
Bo is/was a really good point guard, I wanted to give him a shout out, so declared him MVP (not a real thing) and teased him for not making the team photo.... :cool:

For TMI I stipulated that every one of my players had to beat me playing one on one to get on the team... They all did, not because I was that bad, but they were all better. :unsure:

I was on the roster as a player just in case I didn't have enough real players show up to start a game..... One night we lost late in the 4th quarter after my 5th man fouled out... we went from winning by 10+ points to narrowly losing the game, playing with 4 against 5 for almost the entire 4th quarter. We should have won that game too. :cry:

Did I mention I really like playing basketball...?

JR

Bo is/was a really good point guard, I wanted to give him a shout out, so declared him MVP (not a real thing) and teased him for not making the team photo.... :cool:

For TMI I stipulated that every one of my players had to beat me playing one on one to get on the team... They all did, not because I was that bad, but they were all better. :unsure:

I was on the roster as a player just in case I didn't have enough real players show up to start a game..... One night we lost late in the 4th quarter after my 5th man fouled out... we went from winning by 10+ points to narrowly losing the game, playing with 4 against 5 for almost the entire 4th quarter. We should have won that game too. :cry:

Did I mention I really like playing basketball...?

JR
Are you still playing basketball?

Are you still playing basketball?
sadly no... I had to quit both jogging and basket ball because my right knee cartilage deteriorated from an old motorcycle incident, it got so bad I could feel it crunching when I tried to run fast. I played ball well into my mid 60s and won the last game I played (or at least my team won). We played mostly 3 on 3 pick up games. I played well past my stop playing date, often playing against HS pukes.

JR

Damn, I was minding since few years "where is PRR".
I don't personally find a great interest in the brewery here, but.. PRR, Abbey, JohnRoberts, Gyraf, NYDave and many others, guys you are so amazingly awesome, thank you for your pedagogy, immense knowledge, genius, availability and kindness

Latest posts

Back