resurrection of "the brewery is not universally loved because."

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The post that’s missing and I found offensive was your post RS. And I see it’s not included now in the repost. so you removed it before the crash of the thread or something.
That's nonsense, I didn't delete anything. It was deleted by the administration. I stand by my statement 100%. I would like to explain to you how I come to such a point of view, but since this is deleted again immediately, I do without it at the moment.

Simplified, you can say that if you do not give respect, you will not get respect. If you threaten other people, you should not be surprised about the echo. I did not start this.

The post that’s missing and I found offensive was your post RS. And I see it’s not included now in the repost. so you removed it before the crash of the thread or something. Anyway It was a very personal attack on JR
PS: everyone is allowed to have an opinion, I fully respect that and also actively stand up for it.

However, you should include in your evaluation of the matter that you do not know the full background, since the relevant information was deleted in other threads.

Who is actually the owner of groupdiy.com? Why is there no imprint? This is a commercial company, where is your jurisdiction? If the question is too difficult, where do you pay taxes?

Ethan Rules appear to be an optional provision. They are broken at any time, especially Article 3. I pointed this out to you in the past and nothing happened. I can list some cases but I don't think this is about the rules. Stop bothering us with them. By the way, last week these rules were no longer visible, as far as I know. I was actively looking for them. Probably they were listed under the website imprint. LOL

I have pointed out this issue already, we can press the ignore button on regular members but not on moderators.

Defenders of the brewery suggest if you don't want to see something just ignore it.

Unfortunately this is not entirely allowed by the current system.
I don’t need an ignore button or any other specific button to not read a post or thread be it the brewery or anywhere else.
Personal responsibility is a heavy responsibility but it does insure one’s time is used wisely.

Who is actually the owner of groupdiy.com?
these questions have been asked and answered before... AFAIK Ethan is still nominally the owner. I (we) have not been told otherwise. I have questions too since he ghosted me.
Why is there no imprint?
? I had to search that, apparently an EU thing.... we are not the EU yet.
This is a commercial company, where is your jurisdiction?
Ethan invited me to be a volunteer moderator years ago.
If the question is too difficult, where do you pay taxes?
I pay taxes in the US but moderate here for free, so no income to report.
Ethan Rules appear to be an optional provision.
they are not optional
They are broken at any time, especially Article 3. I pointed this out to you in the past and nothing happened.
In fact we have deleted accounts for breaking rule #3. This is actively enforced. Do you report rule breaking using the forum software? I just went back and found one report from you. I went back and challenged the poster you were complaining about. He said he was kidding and you apparently sold your item. If you encounter more REPORT THEM .
I can list some cases but I don't think this is about the rules. Stop bothering us with them. By the way, last week these rules were no longer visible, as far as I know. I was actively looking for them.
Seriously? I have shared links to rules for those challenged by navigating forum architecture. Further I had the admin remove some stickies that were above the rules making them harder to see. Finally we added "rules" to the header for the sub forum where the rules, are and have always been. "

Rules, Forum Help, Forum Issues & Announcements​

Probably they were listed under the website imprint. LOL
If that is where you were looking, that explains your lack of success. ;)
Do you get paid for the job?
To repeat I am a volunteer. That means I am not paid.... Some days it feels like I should be paid for tolerating this unpleasantness.

JR

these questions have been asked and answered before... AFAIK Ethan is still nominally the owner. I (we) have not been told otherwise. I have questions too since he ghosted me.
? I had to search that, apparently an EU thing.... we are not the EU yet.
Actually, a simple question that has only been answered with conjecture and assumptions so far. Why the stealth mode? What is hidden here and why? Imprint = Corperate Information, which is also standard in the USA as far as I know. (if groupdiy.com is a US company?)
Ethan invited me to be a volunteer moderator years ago.
I did not ask about that. I ask about the origin of the owner, where the company is registered and where it pays its taxes. I don't find these questions particularly unusual; after all, we user have an economic relationship with the owner.
I pay taxes in the US but moderate here for free, so no income to report.
Again, I didn't ask about that, see above.
If you encounter more REPORT THEM .
You're undercutting another story. Open your eyes and take a closer look at the forum. I will not report anyone for you, this is over.
You use Ethan's rule when it suits you according to my impression.

It also resurfaces the repeatedly deleted question of who controls you? What rules apply to you? Are you allowed to threaten long-time members on a whim or delete them without asking or explaining? Wild West Style?

Rules, Forum Help, Forum Issues & Announcements
Absolutely serious. I searched and did not find, the additions you mentioned came only now recently.
20230125_174751.jpg

It doesn't say anything in there either, just standard blah blah.

Your rules remind me of the planning documents in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". LOL
Some days it feels like I should be paid for tolerating this unpleasantness.
Yeah, if you can figure out who you're working for. As for your self-pity, you know my opinion now.

JR, don't worry, your support has arrived quickly.:p
good
I'm curious how long my post above needs until it is deleted again.
I don't see any obvious rule breaking lately so I will not delete you (but I am not the only one with that capability).

I do not appreciate constantly being called out personally (borderline trolling), but I guess that goes with the territory.

I recall back when I was coaching a company basketball team. The popular advice said, if all your players are happy you aren't doing it right. I didn't intentionally try to make players unhappy, but we did win two league championships.

JR

bball1.jpg

bball2.jpg

Glad to help.

I recall visiting music stores in Berlin last century while traveling with my German rep. You are not the first or only German to diss Peavey.

One thing I learned from visiting those shops in Berlin was that the German customers embraced cheap made in China goods, like Behringer, contrary to the popular wisdom.

JR

PS: I also recall finding an Irish pub in Berlin, where I could get a proper Guinness.

That’s because it is close to the source. Well would seem much closer then the u.s.a. Something we have spoken about before. 😎
I've sampled German bier since serving over there on NATO maneuvers back in 1970, and more Frankfurt Musik shows than I can count....

I much prefer the darker ales found in the UK.

I also found decent local stouts in Australia. In Hong Kong I found Guinness in bottles, not great but better than the Chinese beer.

JR

Latest posts

Back