Rode Classic II - Diaphragm/Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jes89

Hey guys, Im a newbie and been finding out a lot of information on here in regards to mics, thanks! I had just picked up a Rode Classic II for a good price then found that the diaphragm has a dent on one side and a wire disconnected on the edge terminal. Im looking to pick up a drop in replacement diaphragm fort he mic. Anyone know the actual specs for the diaphragm used in the classic II. I know that the Classic II started using their own Diaphragm.

Much thanks!

Hi! Is the same capsule (HF1) that have the NT2a and K2 microphones. I guess the spare replacement cost around 150€ to authorized techs

As an alternative, you could try the 797 CY039 capsule. Maybe they will perform similar.

Ah i see, thanks for the info! Do you know in what style the HF1 is going for? Might look into Adavanced Audio capsules as they are in Canada, and offer k47, ck12, k67. Does anyone know if it'll be an upgrade or just different?

Ah i see, thanks for the info! Do you know in what style the HF1 is going for? Might look into Adavanced Audio capsules as they are in Canada, and offer k47, ck12, k67. Does anyone know if it'll be an upgrade or just different?

Just different, have in mind Røde has way superior QC and production tolerance. But they are of the same construction so they would perform similarly just have different voicing. With capsules like AA i am always skeptical as they seem like re-branded 30$ capsules.

Røde has a pretty good warranty policy, and when I asked for 3 replacement capsules they ended up sending me 3 brand new mics. YMMV but I would definitely be persistent. You could try through local distributor, service point. HF1 shows up ocassionaly on eBay/Reverb. And guys like @OPR whom swap and mod capsules could have some lying around.

HF1 lies between the worlds of several different voicings and does it's own thing. If you liked how the mic sounded stock, I wouldn't go for an "upgrade".

Back