SB4000 Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mike,
I gor two questions,
Firts I used the same switches and I would like to be sure the wires connection ? how ?
SB.png

and the second question is for the the VCA's JMPs?

Thanks,

Umit, it's just a SPDT switch like any other.  2 of the pins are for the LED.  They should all be marked on the switch, otherwise look on the datasheet for which pins are what, I don't know off the top of my head.  The board connectors are all labeled, schematic and wiring chart in the build manual show very clearly what goes where.

VCA Jumpers - In giant bold text on the board is says refer to the schematic.  There's a table on the schematic that tells you which ones to install, it depends on the VCA's you're using.

Niketouille said:
Does a 67x34mm toroidal transformer will fit ? I'm not sure about it so I prefer to check...
This is this one :
http://www.electronique-diffusion.fr/product_info.php?products_id=1077

Depends on the height of your enclosure.  Electrically it is fine.

ruckus328 said:
Umit, it's just a SPDT switch like any other.  2 of the pins are for the LED.  They should all be marked on the switch, otherwise look on the datasheet for which pins are what, I don't know off the top of my head.  The board connectors are all labeled, schematic and wiring chart in the build manual show very clearly what goes where.

VCA Jumpers - In giant bold text on the board is says refer to the schematic.  There's a table on the schematic that tells you which ones to install, it depends on the VCA's you're using.

Thanks Mike,

Got a quik impedance question!
I got the tube stage at input unbalncing it at 10kohm going into the sb4000, thats 600ohm i understand.
Do i definitly need a 10k to 600ohm tranny or can i still use it stright wired from tube out to sb4000 input connector?
Will this damage the sb4000 in any way?

Songguy said:
Hi all,
Anyone have the back panel cut out measurements on hand. I need to send them to John at par metal so can get my project going.

Many thanks,
Chris

Chris, there's no set rear panel dimensions, it's wherever you want to put your connectors.  I just eyed it up with whatever looked good, think I put my xlr spacing at 2" or something like that.

jandoste said:
Hi All,
I have a problem with the analog VU Meter. it does not move. Do you have an idea? I checked all wires connection and all is right !
Thanks,

Do you have makeup gain?

Is the unit compressing/threshold knob working?

If answer is yes to both questions than narrows it down to only a couple parts where problem could be.

+ On your meter should go to J7 Pin 1
- On your meter should go to J7 Pin 2

Did you install R111 (330R)?  If you're using a 1mA meter (you probably are) it should not be installed.

Have you tried adjusting VR17 (5K Pot)?

sheadstedford said:
Got a quik impedance question!
I got the tube stage at input unbalncing it at 10kohm going into the sb4000, thats 600ohm i understand.
Do i definitly need a 10k to 600ohm tranny or can i still use it stright wired from tube out to sb4000 input connector?
Will this damage the sb4000 in any way?

Input impedance of SB4000 is 22K.

ruckus328 said:
Do you have makeup gain?

No, I have no sound ! ???

ruckus328 said:
Is the unit compressing/threshold knob working?

No, they are not...

ruckus328 said:
Did you install R111 (330R)?  If you're using a 1mA meter (you probably are) it should not be installed.

Yes, I'm... I used 1mA from Hairball...

ruckus328 said:
Have you tried adjusting VR17 (5K Pot)?

I tried but nothing change with it.

Thanks,

Umit:

1) Your ribbon cable is backwards.  You have pin 1 on the main board going to pin 20 control board.  It needs to be corrected before we can continue.  Please verify the rest of you wiring polarities are correct.  Pin 1 is labeled on all connectors.

2) When in bypass does the unit pass audio?

3) I see all of the bargraph LED's are illuminated.  If you turn down the volume of your input signal, do the lights start to turn off?

Latest posts

Back