SB4000 Support Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh this comp is incredible.
Putting my tube drive stage in next week.
After some other forum convos, its the cnb that is gonna go in and not the width control. Got some opinions on vero board assmbly as i cant find any kits for it.
Again anyone that wants an insanely good comp. Get this.
If some like me with no electronics knowledge can do it anyone can. And you wont be sorry.
Rukus wins

jandoste said:
Hi All,
I'm searching some parts on mouser  and I didn't find some parts ??? ???
Do you have any idea ?
RIBBON CABLE CABLE, RIBBON, 28AWG, 20 CONDUCTOR
2PIN CONN, 2 PIN, 1 ROW, 2.54MM LEAD SPACING
3PIN CONN, 3 PIN, 1 ROW, 2.54MM LEAD SPACING
4PIN CONN, 4 PIN, 1 ROW, 2.54MM LEAD SPACING
5PIN CONN, 5 PIN, 1 ROW, 2.54MM LEAD SPACING
___

5532 IC, OP-AMP, GP, 10MHZ, DUAL, DIP8
5534 IC, OP-AMP, GP, 10MHZ, SGL LN, DIP8
THAT2180/81C IC, VCA, TRIMMABLE, 0.02% THD, THAT2180/81C, SIP8
LM3916 IC, DRIVER, DOT/BAR DISPLAY, DIP-18
___

20K POT, TRIM, 20K, 10MM, HORIZ, SINGLE TURN
50K POT, TRIM, 50K, 10MM, HORIZ, SINGLE TURN
10K POT, TRIM, 10K, 10MM, HORIZ, SINGLE TURN
5K POT, TRIM, 5K, 10MM, HORIZ, SINGLE TURN
_____

LED LED, 4.9MM, FLAT TOP, PANEL MOUNT, RED
______

Thanks.

Umit, download my latest BOM at the beginning of the thread, I have Mouser Part Numbers listed for almost all of that stuff.

The connectors aren't anything special, you can use any type of .1" (2.54mm) pitch connectors you'd like (crimp headers, screw down terminal blocks, etc)

Pots you can use multiturn or single turn (save your money and use the single turn types I listed though)

I don't think mouser stocks the LM3916, they stock an equivalent though that as far as I know will work.

Umit, yes that will work - you'll need to change the meter LED dropping resistor (R133) to about 275R-300R 1/4W, it won't be very bright if you use a 1K there.

Umit, Bournes makes them too!

http://fr.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Bourns/PCW1J-B24-BAB503L/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtxdMMi52izyjEIU5qAUOdMAzwO89YM2To%3d

You don't have to use PCB mount type though, simple old school alpha solder tab type can be used, just a little more difficult for assembly.

Like these:

http://fr.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Alpha-Taiwan/RV24AF-10-15F-B50K/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtxdMMi52izyjtqLon1qjgEVxZJn8%2fVhdQ%3d

Whatever you pick just needs to be a 50K linear pot, make sure you pick one that has the same shaft diameter for the knobs you've chosen and that the shaft is long enough.

3193b277.jpg

Mine so far with tube drive and blend controls,
What you recon?

Quick dilema!
I been advised to connect the srpp at input as follows:
Input xlr wire to leg 1 of dual gang pot
Leg 2 of tube wired to wiper of pot
Leg 3 of pot to ground.

Problem:
The xlr's obviously have a + and a - wire connection but there is only one point to connect to on the pot (leg 1)
Is it ok just to connect the + xlr pin to the pot leg?
If so, where does the - xlr pin connect to?
???
If anyone can help id really appreciate it.

No, -12V rail should be -12V.  Don't plug the PS board into main board until you figure out the cause.  Not much to go wrong here, just a simple 7912 regulator.  Are you sure you're probing the correct pins?  Correct part installed?  How much voltage do you have on the negative rail (TP15)?  Maybe you have a bad regulator perhaps.

sheadstedford said:
Quick dilema!
I been advised to connect the srpp at input as follows:
Input xlr wire to leg 1 of dual gang pot
Leg 2 of tube wired to wiper of pot
Leg 3 of pot to ground.

Problem:
The xlr's obviously have a + and a - wire connection but there is only one point to connect to on the pot (leg 1)
Is it ok just to connect the + xlr pin to the pot leg?
If so, where does the - xlr pin connect to?
???
If anyone can help id really appreciate it.

Shead, have no idea what you're doing or any details on this srpp, so pretty much impossible to answer any questions without some info on it, need to see a schematic.

Sounds like you might be trying to wire an unbalanced signal, the SB4000 is a balanced input.

Yeah thats it, the end i put the srpp will become unbalanced, sorry i didnt post schematic.
Here is the advert for wat i have including schematic

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STEREO-6DJ8-ECC88-6922-E88CC-SRPP-TUBE-PREAMPLIFIER-KIT-/350190462704?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5188fa66f0#ht_2836wt_907

Again any info is a great help

Latest posts

Back