Schaeffer rocks!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this µ is not related to the compressor topology. it´s more kind of my logo (brand? )

I see, all understood :thumb: . Nice. Really nice collection you have there. I especially like the EQP-unit.

ps yepp the µ on the comic pic looks funky :-D

You happen to know Blake & Mortimer ? Kind of sci-fi w.r.t. the difficult installations & machines that usually appear. The bad guy in these comics is usually a dark genius and has a big lab with a lot of gear & installations.

Actually, that EQP wouldn't be out of place there...
So BTW, do you happen to be a bad & evil & dark genius ? :wink: :wink:

:green: :green: :green:

hey B*ringer is a cool compamy. just bought 2 cybermix 8000 on evilbay
for around 60 euros each. makes 64 that 2159 VCAs...good for 21 SSL comps :oops:

[quote author="Rochey"]where can i get a meter like that from?[/quote]

got it cheap from ebay and photoshopped a new scale ;-)

now there is a project built by a studio engineer and not a techy guy. YOu know this because it has a big VU perfect for reading a level when you havn't slept in 48 hours. looks good real good. I only wish mine could look as good.
cheeers, :guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

Steffen,

How or Why is it cheaper to use an imported HPGL file instead of just designing the panel in FPD format??

Very import to me as I wish to cut down my panel costs!!!

Is it possible to export the FPD to corel, or something then bring it back in as a HPGL file??? Will this save me money?

-ChuckD

[quote author="ChuckD"]Steffen,

How or Why is it cheaper to use an imported HPGL file instead of just designing the panel in FPD format??

Very import to me as I wish to cut down my panel costs!!! [/quote]

I really dunno....I found it out by accident and was very surprised since Frank (NRGrecording) told me he´s paying much more for the engraving.

[quote author="ChuckD"]
Is it possible to export the FPD to corel, or something then bring it back in as a HPGL file??? Will this save me money?

-ChuckD[/quote]

yepp that works. here´s what I do.

I do the complete design in Illustrator Mac (including line filling etc.). then export as DXF. then switch to coreldraw running on virtual PC, import DXF, export HPGL. then import to FPdesigner (also running on VPC :green: ) ...done

btw...I do the layout on illustrator because I work with the program for while now and know how to use it for the stuff I need. Im shure you can do all the drawing in corel too.

steff

[quote author="Jazzy_Pidjay"]hi steffen !

very good loking box !! :shock:

is the blue of your EQ the same of the one in the schaeffer website ?

thanks ![/quote]

it´s car varnish (titanium metallic by volkswagen) and laserengraved

the panel are milled by schaeffer before varnishing, but the laserengraving was done by a different company.

steff

I already have the drawings done in FPD format but wish to save $$$
The export function of FPExpress cost $149

Can anyone suggest a way I can export from FPD format and convert to HGPL? then reimport the HPGL to see if it is cheaper?

-ChuckD

chuck, mebbe u can print the panel to a PDF file, import in corel then export to HPGL...everything should be vector so u should be coo

Nope you can't print to a PDF file from the software there is some error message in German that prevents this.

I screen shot would work but the resolution is completely lost.

There has got to be somone who has done this?

-ChuckD

Nope you can't print to a PDF file from the software there is some error message in German that prevents this.

you can if u have acrobat full ;) (which contains the distiller shit), i think theres some shareware apps that do this neways...

email me the .fpd if u want it pdf'ed

Back